It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can but it will be taxed heavily then or now. It is a payment related to his employment so taxed to income tax at the higher rate plus very high national insurance. So if City are paying the tax on his behalf it is expensive.

Depends where he is employed geographically though right ? Or where the contract is signed ?

I thought it might be about reducing the overall cost of the transaction. If actually its just a scam to dodge FFP, have we not learnt anything?
Don’t know is it a scam or is it a legitimate way around it. Just know I hadnt seen anyone mention tax until few pages ago. If, as you say it isnt a good way to avoid tax it probably isn’t about tax.

Lots of well known posters chatting shit on here, the silence out of city is deafening and forcing a few know it alls to gamble on info, he’s going to come but all the bollocks in between must be judged as such, Tolmie aside no one has even got close to any genuine info

I thought it might be about reducing the overall cost of the transaction. If actually its just a scam to dodge FFP, have we not learnt anything?

I would imagine engineering a way to pay Messi his usual €100m a year without it appearing on the books and being 100% within the legal boundaries of FFP would be the final nail in the legislations coffin.

Don’t know is it a scam or is it a legitimate way around it. Just know I hadnt seen anyone mention tax until few pages ago. If, as you say it isnt a good way to avoid tax it probably isn’t about tax.
You are suggesting we pay him in kind to get round FFP. That is a "scam" "dodge" or whatever you want to call it and an invitation to get into another battle. If these dodges got round FFP legitimately everyone would do them.

I'd find it extremely hard to believe that we'd be looking for an FFP dodge after what we just went through. Despite the narrative the club seems to have been pretty conservatively managed from a financial standpoint post settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.