It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you’re aboard this thread as your name has been summoned a few times :-)

Issuing share options this year during a pandemic with a relatively low share value maybe beneficial in a few years time when hopefully the global crisis is under control & the exercise price a fair deal higher.

So I wouldn’t call them worthless but I agree it’s a gamble to rely on an increase in value whenever that exercise year occurs & probably not a huge incentive for Messi.

Mind you if he performs well & helps City win then it almost turns into a performance incentive with the share value potentially increasing too.
Regardless of Covid, I doubt City could easily argue a market value much below the Silver Lake investment in November. Not impossible but I doubt they are intending to impair the assets in the 30 June 2020 accounts which they would need to do to justify a reduction in value. It may well appeal to Messi but I can't see it making a material difference.

May have missed something , but I thought the talk of CFG shares were to avoid paying wages from City so making it affordable avoiding FFP violations and that they wouldn’t be cashed until after he left again to avoid it coming from the club. Didn’t think avoiding tax was a driving consideration behind it.

So when someone has fully retired from football you cant pay them an enticement plus a large wage to be a very important part of 5 billion organisation legally?
You can but it will be taxed heavily then or now. It is a payment related to his employment so taxed to income tax at the higher rate plus very high national insurance. So if City are paying the tax on his behalf it is expensive.

May have missed something , but I thought the talk of CFG shares were to avoid paying wages from City so making it affordable avoiding FFP violations and that they wouldn’t be cashed until after he left again to avoid it coming from the club. Didn’t think avoiding tax was a driving consideration behind it.

I thought it might be about reducing the overall cost of the transaction. If actually its just a scam to dodge FFP, have we not learnt anything?

You can but it will be taxed heavily then or now. It is a payment related to his employment so taxed to income tax at the higher rate plus very high national insurance. So if City are paying the tax on his behalf it is expensive.

So whose saying Messi isn’t happy paying those taxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.