It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
City haven't bid for Messi, we haven't failed to agree a fee or not agreed personal terms. This was a situation between Barca and Messi, we were only implicated by media speculation. We haven't publicly commented and we have no idea what the dialogue was between us and Messi's camp. If people want to take the piss about our 'failure' to land Messi, let them. The best player in the world wanted to join our club. That's all we need to know. Is it disappointing if he doesn't come? Yeah, but he's 33 and it was never going to be a long term solution so it's not the end of the world.

From a Barca perspective, their captain has just slated the board and the way the club is run and explained that he's only staying because of the threat of legal action. Is he going to perform well and be bought in during the final year of his contract, or would they be better off getting a significant fee for a disillusioned player which can contribute to their rebuild. He might stay now and if he does, they are all in for a hell of a time trying to get past this, but I'll actually be more surprised if big, bad Manchester City don't come along with a bid to test the water...

Thats my take and its why i think this is over and was probably never on in the first place.

Messi knew it and has created a public fuss to get one over Bartomeo.
Disagree I reckon he’s getting the point across it had caused his family severe stress but this is how much I wanted to leave, how much I believed in myself and my rights to go, know I’m denied this option as I believed was my right

Well then consider his anger. He's employed against his will. And the bloody release clause is so high that no one's paying it. So he has to sit through a season of rebuild where half the team's getting sold and he knows he's not winning shit. This is how the career of the greatest footballer to live draws to a close. You're getting angry when you literally have no skin in the game beyond a few forum comments and hours wasted on this saga. His entire life, his career, his family's well-being depends on what is happening right now and somehow you're pissed off at your condition? Not a good look mate.
Mate, I’ve already moved on.

Messi is 34 next year.. a year in football is a long time, injuries could happen etc do we really want to risk it next season

Thats it. Tried but it couldnt happen.

No chance he tells his family and kids he (and therefore they) are staying and then changes that to make them move. From his interview they already sound less than keen.

No bids to be made. Decision made by the player.

Bartomeu will be gone by March at the latest. New president comes in with the sole role to keep/make him happy and he extends again.

Think he is, and think we’d pay that, if we thought it would do it.
Genuinely, don't want him anywhere near city, if barca now offered to pay us to take him. Never have i been more disappointed in a player before, one i respected a lot. And a few days ago when rumours started he would stay to avoid a court case, i defended that, suggesting pitting oneself in his shoes. It isn't the change of mind i have an issue with, it is the circus and joks he has made of it, and his club. Fuck that. Barca, keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.