It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to get us to the position I, and many others, suspected.

Barca get some money, Messi gets to leave and City get their man.

Saves face for Barca then. Real got cash for Ronaldo and Barca can point to that to fend off any criticism now. He wanted out and we got a good fee (undisclosed). City let them leak whatever they like in terms of fee knowing the politics.

I'm sure someone alluded to that either on here or on twatter.

It makes sense that there was reports of pep advising Messi not to bad mouth Barca, he's had a go at Bartomeu more than anything.

You could be on to something there!
I am a believer that if city really want to start getting there own back on these old elite clubs and push on with the plan then it is now surly?

So, Messi just wiped his dick and balls over the Barca board and President. This is going to end well. Pass the popcorn.

He's got the best player in the world to honour his contract. Would he have looked better if he'd let him go for free?

Every year, Messi is upset about the colour of the grass and is considering leaving until he gets a new deal. This year he's got nothing and by the time he leaves, he'll be 34 so good for MLS/China. He's played Messi like a banjo.

Barcelona are in severe financial straights with an enormous squad rebuild required. Us getting him free this month was always a huge long shot. Would Barca really be in a position to turn down €100m from us? Bear in mind Bartomeu is liable for a portion of Barcelona’s significant debt if he gets voted out next year.

Like I said, if he signed a new deal then fair enough. Right now though this scenario suits nobody.

He's pretty much fucked Barcelona fc by keeping Messi.

It's a ridiculous decision.
What, by paying him what they were paying him last season? Many on here think him coming to us was commercial genius, due to the revenue he'd bring in, but Barca keeping him is a bad decision? How does that work then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.