It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napoli fans iv talked to say Koulibaly had a bad season, one because of the coach and two he is really bad in a deep defensive line, hes much better playing in a high line which is perfect for us. Thats why he was so good under Sarri

Napoli fans iv talked to say Koulibaly had a bad season, one because of the coach and two he is really bad in a deep defensive line, hes much better playing in a high line which is perfect for us. Thats why he was so good under Sarri
To be fair to him, there have been serious issues at Napoli, especially early season.

"Napoli are set to take legal action against their own players as the row over their training retreat boycott escalated further on Wednesday.

The club's players and manager Carlo Ancelotti are in a furious stand-off with chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis which is threatening to engulf their season "

Not a happy camp

What does that "bad in a deep defensive line" mean? Can't martial the defence? Loses the opponent's attackers? Commits reckless fouls? Doesn't make a lot of sense - you are either a good defender or you are not. You can't be a disaster in one formation and suddenly beyond world class in another.

Ahh, so Pep's your inside man? Kudos, who needs Billyshears or Tolm when we've got you getting feedback over what everyone at the club thinks and sharing their innermost feelings.
Mate I'd drop keeper! out, for the last few weeks he's just picked and picked and go on about the same thing over and over.
He's starting to grate on me now with his ridiculous posts.

Mate I'd drop keeper! out, for the last few weeks he's just picked and picked and go on about the same thing over and over.
He's starting to grate on me now with his ridiculous posts.
You're right, my ignore list as been growing in the last few weeks.

You're very good at dodging the issue.
Dodging what? We chased the player all summer, we wanted him and it was widely reported he wanted to join us.

United became involved, made a crazy offer to Leicester and a much bigger contract to the player, hence we pulled out.

No problem with that, IF, we had a back up option, we did not.

What does that "bad in a deep defensive line" mean? Can't martial the defence? Loses the opponent's attackers? Commits reckless fouls? Doesn't make a lot of sense - you are either a good defender or you are not. You can't be a disaster in one formation and suddenly beyond world class in another.

From what they say, hes commited more fouls this season but its not his fault, the napoli back line has been chopped and changed all season Major troubles, hasnt had a consitant CB partner all season.

Yes you can

A slow defender in a high line is going to get caught for pace over the top like we are with garcia and otamendi. If they drop back 15 yards they eliminate some of the space and reliance on pace

If you watch Diego Carlos, when he plays deep he tends to lunge into tackles and gives lots of fouls just outside and in the box

Some systems suit players better than others

Pep isn't a fan of players that go to ground which is why otamendi has been frozen out as he can't resist diving into a challenge

I know that we've only signed two players, but i think they are going to surprise us Ake looked solid for Netherlands so much that Poland had to attack the other side during the game. Ferran torres is special that finish in the spain game was brilliant, hes not afraid to take players on and has that burst of speed but skill as well. he dosent run like a headless chicken either he uses his brain always looking for the pass / cross. His vision is excellent as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.