It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let this happen. Mahrez is a very good player but he's going to turn 30 this season and has never really fit into the team. Selling him to Real would be a great outcome.
Who's the replacement then?

I'm concerned for my club and think we need to improve. It's not a cult, we're allowed to express opinions that aren't overwhelmingly positive from time to time.
I wouldn't go as far to say our transfer business so far has been a shambles, but it is weird that you're not allowed to express a negative opinion on it without being shouted down by the usual suspects. We make mistakes all the time (as everyone does) and this is a discussion board about transfers. Isn't that the purpose?

Based on the season he's coming off we'd definitely get the best value for him if he was to go, especially with his age, best time to sell for sure.

Although, unless we actually have a replacement lined up straight away it would only leave us short on options for natural wingers, Raheem would be the only one left, Ferran Torres very new and both Bernardo/Foden not quite wingers. Also any replacement would likely cost us more than what we paid to get him from Leicester, and it would also have to be an upgrade. Messi? ;)

Yeah but they probably didn't know Riyad Mahrez was potentially available??

I think the more important thing is they'd be free from Bale. It was only last week during the internationals that Bale said he'd be open to leaving for the first time but it's basically up to Madrid to make it happen.

Not including a potentially massive pay off they'd owe him, Bale going takes 35m off their wage bill, and removes a massive weekly headache from Zidane.

Footmercato are a joke and it’s been stated 37472838 times that Madrid won’t be making any signings this window
Not now but it's clear Madrid will try and get some business done coming Jan and next summer. Mahrez could well be a target for that since they lack an experienced presence on the right wing. Mostly because their right winger plays golf while on £600k per week and Zizou has to make do with Rodrygo, Asensio and Isco even on the right or as number 10 at times. Odegaard also not a right winger mind you. Plus the source said rumors come from Mahrez' camp, less so from Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.