It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their team is near perfect now unfortunately. We need some of their asthma sufferers to actually burn out. Without that we aren’t going to compete for the title.

agreed unfortunately. Like others have said, a real scrap for the top 4 this season awaits!

I thought Liverpool were clear favorites for the league anyway. But Thiago has to seal the deal. If he stays fit they have the best starting 11 in the league by quite some distance IMO.

Hagrid reporting that Koeman can't sit on the bench for Barca's official matches, as they haven't yet paid off Setien!

giphy.gif

Seems to be building and getting out of control over there, or are we seeing a contrived position that says ‘we need some money in quick from somewhere to sort this out’

With Thiago going to Liverpool, Chelsea's strong rebuild, Tottenham's risky Bale purchase, Arsenal looking more potent and United looking better than previous seasons, what are your realistic expectations for the season considering we do sign a CB (preferably Koulibaly) ?
Win the league by about 10 points I would think

I wasn't saying he was a bad buy but by the end as you say he was not the same player and his career since has nosedived so we did well to sell him for a decent fee despite his injury problems etc.

You actually did say he was a bad buy and I don’t think he became a ‘bad buy’ simply because his career with us faltered due to injury.
Pre-injury he was a real difference maker and if there was a clone of the Negredo that we bought out there then I’d want him in our squad right now.

Jules Kounde looks okay but it’s hard to find any actual defensive highlights on YouTube. The small bits I’ve seen though, he’s not anywhere near Koulibaly. It’s an upgrade to Stones and Otamendi but it doesn’t really say much. Not convinced at all.

You actually did say he was a bad buy and I don’t think he became a ‘bad buy’ simply because his career with us faltered due to injury.
Pre-injury he was a real difference maker and if there was a clone of the Negredo that we bought out there then I’d want him in our squad right now.
Well, apologies. I didn't mean it to come across like that, I loved Negredo.

I was just saying a 'bad buy' in terms of we paid over 20m and then he was gone not long after so many would bracket him as (bad buy).

I would love a similar player also, we definitely need someone like him now!

aashayk2003 said:
With Thiago going to Liverpool, Chelsea's strong rebuild, Tottenham's risky Bale purchase, Arsenal looking more potent and United looking better than previous seasons, what are your realistic expectations for the season considering we do sign a CB (preferably Koulibaly) ?

Could literally come down to how we do in the first week.

Can't say I'm too hopeful though. Looks like we don't have a striker that can be relied upon to score consistently going into the season and if Sterling doesn't score in the first game or two can see him having one of his baron spells.

If I had to guess today I would say 4th, as even though we have consistently been top scorers i just don't feel that we have enough goals in the team if our heads are down from the inevitable Champions League hangover.

But, if Aguero stays fit and we win the first two games with Sterling playing with confidence (and Liverpool actually have the odd injury here and there) then heres hoping that we can fight for the league and maybe win it![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.