It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jules Kounde looks okay but it’s hard to find any actual defensive highlights on YouTube. The small bits I’ve seen though, he’s not anywhere near Koulibaly. It’s an upgrade to Stones and Otamendi but it doesn’t really say much. Not convinced at all.
I doubt the club use you tube highlights to choose targets though.

I doubt the club use you tube highlights to choose targets though.

Of course not. He has great passing stats but so did Stones. I hope they know what they’re doing this time around. This is buying a very expensive prospect. We could have used experience at this point.

Jules Kounde looks okay but it’s hard to find any actual defensive highlights on YouTube. The small bits I’ve seen though, he’s not anywhere near Koulibaly. It’s an upgrade to Stones and Otamendi but it doesn’t really say much. Not convinced at all.

That's why u don't base it off highlight reels

It’s a bit depressing to see Chelsea signing Havertz and Werner, Spurs On brink with Bale, likewise dippers Thiago and we signed Ake and Torres who we can talk up as much as we want but we’ve lost Silva and Sane, and Dinho is effectively gone at least as first choice in his position. Worryingly we start the season in 4 days and have no right sided cb possibly 1 fit cf and no lb that I’d be confident will do the job properly.

This 29 year old for 20m.

Kk 29 yr old for 80m euros.. You can see why are stalling a bit. Yes kk may have more years on his contract and its a major problem position for us, but still puts into perspective why we are stalling for their stupid valuation

i think thiago was largely surplus to requirements at bayern? correct me if im wrong. but that might have a bearing on the price and how willing bayern are to do a deal

i think thiago was largely surplus to requirements at bayern? correct me if im wrong. but that might have a bearing on the price and how willing bayern are to do a deal

No they were pushing him to stay. Only selling coz he will be free next year

Similar to Sane situation for us.

He had 1 year on contract and was not willing to extend. Bayern also were willing to let him go for reasonable price because he has been an excellent servant, similar to how we treat our long serving players.

This 29 year old for 20m.

Kk 29 yr old for 80m euros.. You can see why are stalling a bit. Yes kk may have more years on his contract and its a major problem position for us, but still puts into perspective why we are stalling for their stupid valuation

Sorry, but it's a really poor comparison.

On one hand you've got a guy running down his contract with 9 months left asking for £300k/week+, and on the other is a defender with 3 years left on his deal.

One has spent years of his career injured, the other has had 1 small injury in 5 years.

One is a club wanting to sell vs. a club who doesn't want to sell their best player.

And just as the cherry on top, you've used £'s excluding the guaranteed add-ons for Thiago's price and Euros for Koulibaly's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.