It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club likely has many options in case one doesn't work out. There's no way the club is signing Torres, Havertz and Martinez.

I'm not suggesting we will sign all 3, i'm suggesting that signing even 2 of those 3 would cause an imbalance in the squad.

Really all we need is a forward that can play down the left.

Just don't see how Martinez and Torres would work, similar to how we would balance Torres and Havertz.

We can't rotate Jesus, Aguero and Martinez for 1 spot and keep them all happy. Especially with the rumours of Aguero signing an extension. You could make the argument that you could bring Martinez in and shift Gabby out to the left, but then where is Torres going to play?

I personally don't think we would be able to bring in both Torres and Havertz and not seriously impact Foden's role in the team next season. Has to be one or the other for it to work in my opinion. That is assuming we don't have any more depatures on top of Silva and Sane.

Its all speculation -there is no way we will get all of those but it may mean that some of them (Torress, Harvetz and Martinez) are plan A and others plan B

Of course it could all be utter bullshit as well and have no basis in reality. Form experience of the transfer forum for years (and Im a zero ITK whereas others do seem to have some links at least) we would be lucky to expect 20% of predictions to come off - but again it doesnt mean that the poster(s) are posting in good faith and that we maybe at least tryign to sign some of these players (remember thats all they are posting - not even Txixi knows what players we will have UNTIL they sign on the doted line)

We need a centre half thats clear.
We need a wide player (Torres)

The Harvetz and Marinez links could be utter shit or could be planning for the future - a year or so down the line.

Aguero
Lautaro or Havertz

Sterling
Torres

Mahrez
Havertz or Messi :)

Havertz can play any position at the front, if we don't get Messi he can play on the right. Bernardo back as an attacking midfielder with KDB, Foden and Gundo.

So the question, are we replacing Gabriel? :(

I'm not suggesting we will sign all 3, i'm suggesting that signing even 2 of those 3 would cause an imbalance in the squad.

It looks like Torres is close to being done so we can considering the wings covered. I've not seen enough of Havertz to say but from what others have said he's a once in a generation talent so if we have the opportunity it might be a tough one to pass up on. Martinez looks more likely to go Barca then come to city.

My guess is out those three we'll only end up with Torres and Foden will step up and take the Silva role. Bernardo can play in the middle if needs be as well with Mahrez, Sterling and Torres competing with him for the wings he won't be relied up on out there as much.

Er, no!

£150k left on 21-year-mortgage and a business bounce back loan for the next six years!

And two kids six and seven years away from Uni.

Living the dream..
I hate to be the one to break it to you Tolm, but it sounds like you're a bit FUBAR. You should think about monetising your ITK status. Only post a snippet once the "Tolmie's destitute crowdfunding page" hits a certain threshold. Only a small commission would suffice for my life coaching.

Agree unless you count Ferna out as a DM option and full time CB then you'll have the below

DM - rodri/Gundogan

Attacking CM - KDB, Havertz, Foden, Bernardo

LW - Sterling/Torres
Striker - Jesus/Aguero
RW - Mahrez/Bernardo /Torres

Some double ups I know but those players can play mulitipkw positions including Havertz can play across the front 3 if needed

That to me makes a lot more sense than Martinez. A striker buy is definitely for next year not this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.