It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Neville Kneville

Paying homage to Kevin Prince Boateng's agent
Do we actually concede that many headers?

I genuinely can't remember the last time we conceded by being outjumped at a corner

It's not just the first ball being scored though, it's chaos & pressure which ensues from not clearing it early. We have a lot of situations from balls coming in & not being cleared properly, then goals coming from the next phase or the one after. Be it set pieces or open play.

A lot of that would stop though imo, if we weren't so nervous & disorganised in general at the back.

TheThirdDeano

It's not just the first ball being scored though, it's chaos & pressure which ensues from not clearing it early. We have a lot of situations from balls coming in & not being cleared properly, then goals coming from the next phase. Be it set pieces or open play.

A lot of that would stop though imo, if we weren't so nervous & disorganised in general at the back.
so then it's not height that's the issue then is it?
That's what my point was!

I agree though that our back 4 seems (although maybe they aren't internally) liable to panic, so really the issue is inside us. Any new player whether Kounde or Kaloouby would be an immediate leader in the squad, that sort of stuff can't actually be bought. Laporte or Stones needs to step up.

burning blue soul

sun, sand, sea....thats right, im at rhyl sun ctr
It's not just the first ball being scored though, it's chaos & pressure which ensues from not clearing it early. We have a lot of situations from balls coming in & not being cleared properly, then goals coming from the next phase or the one after. Be it set pieces or open play.

a bit like the wolves goal...

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.