It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the first ball being scored though, it's chaos & pressure which ensues from not clearing it early. We have a lot of situations from balls coming in & not being cleared properly, then goals coming from the next phase or the one after. Be it set pieces or open play.

A lot of that would stop though imo, if we weren't so nervous & disorganised in general at the back.
a bit like the wolves goal...

I work in sales and I want to sell things to you.

And indeed the many armchair negotiators on here, some of who just can't seem to cope with the idea of delayed gratification. I'd be able to retire years early.

I can't promise you City signings Eeyore46, but I absolutely guarantee you'll see a shit ton of transfers next week. It's negotiation 101.
Not to mention the armchair psychologists who seem to know exactly what Pep is thinking based on a press conference. Truly amazing the number of experts in all fields we've got on here.

I don’t see any evidence of Pep changing his mind.

Professional negotiators go into negotiations with an agenda, a strategy and fallback options. They don’t show their hand up front, nor do they expect to win concessions first day. They know it can be a war of attrition and they understand how a ticking clock affects the dynamics.

I certainly won’t be assuming anything until the transfer window closes.

Yes. yes. yes.

I can't believe how naive some people are - 'just pay the money', 'why are we changing our minds', 'give them a deadline and walk away' or 'he's a bast@rd because he won't sell the player for next to nothing'.

We want to pay as little as possible, the player wants as big a wage as possible and the selling club want the maximum fee they can get. We are negotiating with very high stakes and there is a huge degree of brinksmanship. It's no doubt heightened this summer because many clubs must be on the verge of going bust.

As for what we read, if 5% of what is in the press was true we'd end up with 25 new players every summer. Who knows whether it is true, part of the brinksmanship or made up nonsense?

I enjoy reading the speculation but do despair at some of the analysis of our negotiation techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.