It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I watch Federer play, it is hard to believe he will be 40 next year.

Take Djoko and Nadal out of the equation, he still has an 80 per cent chance of winning any grand slam.

The first time I watched Federer play live, it was like he was playing a different game to everyone else.

I'm sorry, even though I won't allow myself to get carried away, are we seriously suggesting that Jamie fucking Vardy is the golden boot benchmark for which Messi must strive for?

I'd wager if Messi had been in our team this year, we would be celebrating a couple more trophies this season.

We would most certainly be in a Champions League semi final today.
It wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility now more then ever before. Messi has never been this public with his criticism of Barcelona, or his disgust before. Watching him in the Bayern game he had clearly checked out of Barcelona and has done for a while now.

What are the odds of this actually happening in your opinion?

Now is the only chance I see of it ever happening, even then my guess is a 30% chance at best.

Agree, but we also have to have the personnel in the squad that allow us the flexibility to play wingbacks if that is what the manager wants. Cancelo could have done that job better on the right, but instead he’s doing a pale impression on the left.

Great point, Walker as the right sided CB last night, Cancelo at RWB and Mendy at LWB would have given us more pace and it would have been round pegs in round holes. Might have made a Difference

Hey the real accountants want Messi.

This one pisses himself laughing a people who say they wouldn't want Messi to come to City this summer.

More to having a jaded Messi on our books and not quite having the right supporting cast than any financial concerns with the signing.

Last edited:
But the first two parts, as much as I agree with them, have nothing to do with football. Some people on here really hate Barcelona and some will also think Messi is a massive bellend.

The age thing is a valid point but Cristiano Ronaldo was the same age as Messi is now when he joined Juve. I reckon any dissenting supporters before the signing would have been met with the similar disbelief that you showed in your comment but , at this point in time, I think they'll be feeling vindicated.

These moves will always look great on paper but that's not how the sport is played so I think it's reasonable to say it's not as straight forward as some of you would believe.

They're enough for someone to not want a player, and I think they're fair enough. Messi is quite literally the greatest player of all time. This isn't simply anyone. I mean even people just knowing Messi played for City twenty years from now improves our historical rep. It firmly establishes, if that ever needed to happen, and boosts the club in a ridiculous way.

They're enough for someone to not want a player, and I think they're fair enough. Messi is quite literally the greatest player of all time. This isn't simply anyone. I mean even people just knowing Messi played for City twenty years from now improves our historical rep. It firmly establishes, if that ever needed to happen, and boosts the club in a ridiculous way.
The GOAT is all about opinions. Who gives a fuck about what people will think in 20years time about the fact we signed a past his best Messi. I think Ronaldo has been better anyway.

The GOAT is all about opinions. Who gives a fuck about what people will think in 20years time about the fact we signed a past his best Messi. I think Ronaldo has been better anyway.

Can't trust people who think Ronaldo is better than Messi, they're like Djokovic fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.