It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not do that. He's magnificent and still will be next season but should be a reduced role.
He has been the most underrated player for us and in the Premier league since he arrived as a almost unknown from Ukraine.

A truly magnificent player and great guy but we now have to be ruthless, something we have failed to be when it comes to recruitment and letting players go.

As said, not sure where he will get into the team next season, I am certain he was entitled to a one year extension if he reached a set number of games this season.

Last edited:
out for me would be:

Bravo
Otto
Mendy
Gundo
Zincehnko
Mahrez

NO way that will happen as Gundo and Mahrez are going nowhere and I suspect even if Pep brings in a left back he willuse that person to fight with Mendy for the starting birth.

the loss of Silva is going to be huge - people pinning a lot of hope on Foden - thats a hue amount of pressure and though he is clearly a generational talent Id be suprised if he can maintain the very high level of performance that we need from him at such a young age.

Its all going to be very interesting with Pep as well - he is either here for one more year - in that case will he try to rebuild only for someone else to take over? If he extends for another 12 months then its still a relatively short tie and he will have to oversee the replacement of Kun and Ferna as well - this is difficult in itself but with the then change of manager we would need to also think what he would want (if we have already idnetifed a replacement which Im sur ewe will have done) - there is a lot of transtiion here- not just with very important players but with the mamanger at some point as well Pep hasnt stayed more than 4 years in a job if Im correct to stay 5+ for him would be a huge step. Heis clearly motivated to achieve and Im sure he ants to manage in Italy at some point and also a national team (obviously Spain)

Big big transitions ahead in the next few years

He has been the most underrated player for us and in the Premier league since he arrived as a almost unknown from Russia.

A truly magnificent player and great guy but we now have to be ruthless, something we have failed to be when it comes to recruitment and letting players go.

As said, not sure where he will get into the team next season, I am certain he was entitled to a one year extension if he reached a set number of games this season.
Ukraine, the Ukranians hate the fuckin Russians.

He has been the most underrated player for us and in the Premier league since he arrived as a almost unknown from Russia.

Oh and he wasn’t unkown, his performances for Shakhtar in the champions leagur had attracted plenty of nterest from top clubs.

Oh and he wasn’t unkown, his performances for Shakhtar in the champions leagur had attracted plenty of nterest from top clubs.
Totally agree he was not unknown, but at the time it seemed a lot of money for a player in the UKRAINE league, although it was a bargain!

Sure but we had 6 players out of contract in 2017, made the job much easier. We will struggle to get rid of our deadwood.

True. Which is why i think it was a mistake to renew Fernandinho's contract. He is 35 already. I don't think he has much to offer us anymore. At CB or CM.

We have some valuable players on loan. Angelino, Herrera, Harrison etc. But finding buyers for Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko (maybe), that could be a problem.

Koulibaly would be my priority.

Ederson/steffan
Walker/cancelo
Koulibaly/garcia
Laporte/tah
Mendy/chilwell
Rodri/ferna*
Kdb/bernado
Foden/aouar
Sterling/Braaf
Torres/marcus thuram
Kun*/jesus

*-replace next season.

Totally agree he was not unknown, but at the time it seemed a lot of money for a player in the UKRAINE league, although it was a bargain!
Yeah definitely, i thought we were overpaying for him at the time, turns out it was a bargain, the lad has been first class on and off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.