2 defenders
2 midfliders

out
bravo
otamendi/stones
mendi/zincheko
david silva
sane

Personally I would release Fernandinho, what will his role be next season?

He is not good enough at CB apart from emergencies and his legs have gone for CM.

Magnificent servant for the club but his time is over.
His playing role will be minimal but what he brings to the table in terms of leadership off the pitch is invaluable, you don't let that walk out the door a year early unless you have a really good reason. Of the senior players it's really only him and KDB that seem to have anything at all from that perspective.

If you could raid Liverpool, current European champions, who would you take?

I'd only take 4, the two fullbacks, VD, and Salah.

This shows we have plenty of good players.
Walker has done a fine job so wouldn't be looking at replacing him. We are getting Kouliby if reports are true.

So a LB and a winger.
Wrong winger. You take Mane (who's better anyway) and shift Raz back to the right.

Wrong winger. You take Mane (who's better anyway) and shift Raz back to the right.
Fair enough. My point was that no team is overladen with A Listers.
We wouldn't want any of Liverpool's midfielders. Probably none of Madrid's.

We have for next year
Kev, Foden, Bernie, Rodri, Gundongan and Dinho.

Walker has done a fine job so wouldn't be looking at replacing him. We are getting Kouliby if reports are true.

So a LB and a winger.

I can’t take to any of their players but Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, van Dijk, Fabinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino would either start or be pushing for starting places here.

which if they are the right signings will make a big difference
I'm not really sure as I haven't really seen too much of the players we're linked with.
The priority has to be a quality central defender, someone who can complement Laporte.

I'm not really sure as I haven't really seen too much of the players we're linked with.
The priority has to be a quality central defender, someone who can complement Laporte.

the liverpool forward id have is Mane - he would absolutely fit our way of playing- he can operate in tight spaces is uicka nd a lethal finisher

th second playerid have is there left back

and then Van Dyke

His playing role will be minimal but what he brings to the table in terms of leadership off the pitch is invaluable, you don't let that walk out the door a year early unless you have a really good reason. Of the senior players it's really only him and KDB that seem to have anything at all from that perspective.
Can you tell us what leadership he provides off the pitch, curious as to how you know

Can you tell us what leadership he provides off the pitch, curious as to how you know
I read the news mostly. There are, I don't know, dozens of examples?

"I had a talk with Fernandinho. He has been helping me a lot. He has always been very important since I arrived at the club," Jesus said.

"With his experience throughout his career, he is giving me advice. The day before the game, we had a nice chat.

"He always looks after all of us, especially the young ones. As a countryman, he came to talk to me and tell me to remain calm.

Director of Football Txiki Begiristain added: “This new deal reflects Fernandinho’s quality and commitment. He is not only a first-class professional and one of the best players in world football, he is a fantastic person who leads by example every single day.

“We have a talented young squad – but making sure they are supplemented by senior players of Fernandinho’s ilk is of paramount importance. What he brings in terms of leadership and professionalism is valued by everyone at the football club."

David Silva inherited the City captaincy following Vincent Kompany's exit but while there are players who have been at the club longer than Fernandinho, none are more important within the dressing room now.

At Old Trafford, in Silva's absence, he even had the armband.

"He is our leader," said Guardiola. "He is an incredible leader for our team."

So a LB and a winger.
Robertson and TAA would get absolutely destroyed in our system. Both great going forward but neither can defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.