It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I will pull you on, Messi has not kept quite. He is rightly pissed off and made that clear to people/ journos close to him that his meeting and it's content with Josep Maria Bartomeu after the Champs League defeat became public knowledge.

"He Knows what he has to do"? Ask for a move?

Any idea if a transfer fee is involved?

Barca are surely going to want some money for him considering he's got a year left on his contract. Don't worry about how much that is. The deal will pay for itself. You've been informed by knowledgeable people how the Ronaldo deal has benefited Juve. Yet you've dismissed it as dodgy dealings. You've been told Messi would be in addition to the signings we're targeting to improve other areas of the squad, yet you're still worried about the fee.

Absorb the information you've been told, and don't challenge it with nonsensical statements based on no evidence. Messi pulls in more money to the club. This isn't a typical signing. It's one where City would have the support of numerous sources to make it happen. And covid-19 has impacted certain businesses but not all. Tui are unlikely to be paying for this one. But Amazon, Apple and all the other businesses that have seen the opportunity through/benefited from the Covid-19 world are making more than they would have forecast.

Pep spoke to Mbappe and made it clear it wasn't him but City he didn't want to play for.

Haaland has a preference for United and only decided to join Dortmund because he was worried Solskjaer would not be around long enough.

They have a decent bond because he gave him his chance at Molde.

Felix didn't really go very far because of his price and preferring Madrid.

Fuck - hope Haaland doesnt end up at utd

Possibly. That, and the chance to also play in his home City.

Manchester is hard sell for most players who can take their pick.
I've always thought this is where London clubs have a distinct advantage over us - no matter how we perceive our city, London is a more attractive destination. Messi's would be a relatively short term stay so that could go for us, plus professional reasons may override lifestyle issues?

Barca are surely going to want some money for him considering he's got a year left on his contract. Don't worry about how much that is. The deal will pay for itself. You've been informed by knowledgeable people how the Ronaldo deal has benefited Juve. Yet you've dismissed it as dodgy dealings. You've been told Messi would be in addition to the signings we're targeting to improve other areas of the squad, yet you're still worried about the fee.

Absorb the information you've been told, and don't challenge it with nonsensical statements based on no evidence. Messi pulls in more money to the club. This isn't a typical signing. It's one where City would have the support of numerous sources to make it happen. And covid-19 has impacted certain businesses but not all. Tui are unlikely to be paying for this one. But Amazon, Apple and all the other businesses that have seen the opportunity through/benefited from the Covid-19 world are making more than they would have forecast.
I am not sure, literally the 100m question!

Many rumours Barca have told him he can leave for free, some talk of 600m release.

But if you believe the dealings of Juve and the Ageneli family, good for you.

Pep spoke to him directly. Also De Jong and De Ligt - none had an issue playing for Pep - it was moving to us (Manchester)

Which is why Messi is the motherload of game changers.

Fuck them, never wanted them anyway.

So Messi has said he would play for Pep, and move to Manchester?

I hope its not with a huge price tag if he comes.

They aren't informed stories - they are arse-covering fluff pieces at best, covering bases while Messi keeps quiet.

Just to respond to a couple of your concerns you have shared.

Neither Mbappe or Haaland have any desire to come to City now or in the future, they have made it clear.

Felix also didn't want to know when we expressed an interest last season.

Another thing all three of those players have in common is they wouldn't even move the commercial needle much for City off the field.

And certainly nobody moves it like Messi would.

He knows what he must now do. If he does it, we will be seeing him in a City shirt very soon.
Wow, Haaland doesn’t fancy us? Real surprise that given the connection, also being norwegIan shouldn’t mind the weather too much. No wife to moan and his father would be pro city you would think?
i really like him as he would ask a completely different question of defences with his height, power and pace. Plus he is lethal! I’d even put up with mino!

According to twitter thread barcacentre Messi has made up his mind & will announce it shortly.

Whenever I get excited about this I just wonder if a 33 year old who doesnt speak English well as far as i know, would uproot his wife and 3 young kids for 3 years to come to Cheshire.

I think they might be the biggest hurdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.