It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought this is where London clubs have a distinct advantage over us - no matter how we perceive our city, London is a more attractive destination. Messi's would be a relatively short term stay so that could go for us, plus professional reasons may override lifestyle issues?

Neymar is a party boy and that's why I could never see him ever playing at City.

Messi is perhaps at a stage at his life with a young family where he can reconcile just chilling with his family in the Cheshire burbs and playing X-Box with Sergio and Otamendi.

When you have the cash we have, I dare say his family could live in London and he can helicopter to City training each day.

As a Mancunian born and bred, I find my city a pretty shabby place with a menacing underbelly.

What connection? His dad played for us, talked a lot but did very little, then during a Manchester derby , nearly has his leg ripped off by the pikey and not one of his teammates did anything to help.

True City legend was Alf.
Yeah he should prefer Utd whose captain ended his fathers career and most of their fans cheered and laughed as it happened

For me it would be Jesus to barca then...

Bernardo's ceiling is much higher in my opinion and we will be in the transfer market for another forward to replace Kun......having Messi in the side in 12 months time means we could attract the best.

Yeah sort of think that unfortunately we need Jesus more than Bernardo even though I agree he is a better prospect. We just have enough cover in midfield but not up front.

For me I would swap Jesus reluctantly, and silva never

But for the club and what messi brings, they will go with Bernardo going the other way I think :-(

Hopefully Barca are in such a state that cash alone will do it and they will do it out of respect for messi and what he has given them - oh and Garcia

Neymar is a party boy and that's why I could never see him ever playing at City.

Messi is perhaps at a stage at his life with a young family where he can reconcile just chilling with his family in the Cheshire burbs and playing X-Box with Sergio and Otamendi.

When you have the cash we have, I dare say his family could live in London and he can helicopter to City training each day.

As a Mancunian born and bred, I find my city a pretty shabby place with a menacing underbelly.

You have a menacing underbelly or gods own city does ? :-)

Yeah sort of think that unfortunately we need Jesus more than Bernardo even though I agree he is a better prospect. We just have enough cover in midfield but not up front.

For me I would swap Jesus reluctantly, and silva never

But for the club and what messi brings, they will go with Bernardo going the other way I think :-(

Hopefully Barca are in such a state that cash alone will do it and they will do it out of respect for messi and what he has given them - oh and Garcia

Garcia, Angelino (though Leipzig are sayign they are getting closer to an agreement with us for him) plus a boat load of cash for Messi would eb a great deal

Id keep Bernardo and Jesus if possible BUT if it has to be one it wold be Jesus to go the other way - he would decrease the amount of money we would need to include drastically.

Jesus, Angelino and Garcia for Messi, if that's remotely true, I have just changed my mind about this whole deal.

Get it done!

They are there for you to read on page 481...as for the rest of my post ill carry on ppstibg beliefs if i wish

Its my belief that even at 33 yrs old, messi is still the best player in the world. IF we have a chance, despite the concerns raised we go for it..what have we have to lose....the cost argument has already been debunked as has the potential negative of talking up others places in the team. So the only argument left is one that on the pitch either people dont think he will cut it either individually or as part of the team. -:im going to resist the opportunity to say Pep and Txixi know better than anyone else as that argument frustrates me....so the argument seems to be that he will negatively affect our team press.. he wont only as muich as kun does or david silva did or mahrez, gundogan or rodri does ......none of those press the way sterling, kdb or jesus do.....again we dont press like liverpool do as xwhole team of rabid animals, but it a much more controlled, timed and chosen way...its always been like this
And if you look at the problems we've faced this season, the majority stem from having 2 or more players in the starting XI who struggle to press with pace, intensity and aggression. When we only have one of those aforementioned players (Silva, Aguero, Gundogan, Rodri or Mahrez) in the team, we generally perform very well and the pressing levels are brilliant.

In the two title winning seasons we used a high press, you said it yourself. No one has mentioned anything at all about trying to match Livarpool's press, certainly not me. I just want us back at the level we were at in the two title winning seasons, at that stage our quality will overshadow those bin dipping twats.

Messi can press, in the same way as Silva and Aguero; very slowly and infrequently. There's a reason Silva is leaving, it most definitely isn't because of a lack of quality. There's a reason Aguero will be leaving next summer (or the year after), it most definitely isn't going to be because of a lack of quality. Theres a reason Fernandinho doesn't play in midfield anymore, it most definitely isn't because of a lack of quality.

When the balance tips, when the lack of energy starts becoming detrimental, even slightly, the whole team suffer. The incredible quality means those players can still play a role, however the lack of energy is quite clearly costing us which I think is a general consensus on here.

I think you're being a little harsh on Manchester there tbh. It's definitely got an edge but has become a lot more cosmopolitan and continental style in the city centre since 96, particularly the last 10 years.

Will be interesting to see the impact of the work from home revolution on all that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.