It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Jesus is young, not even reached his prime yet and can offer us so much more than a 33 year old Messi.

If this is true we've fucked up, massively. '

Are you being serious? If Jesus is the answer then God knows what the question is (pun intended ;) ).

You honestly think its just been briefed or put out there in the ladt few days???

Stuff like this isn't just breaking news its done way back.

City people have known about this fir months maybe 2 years, number crunching hahaha that's even more embarrassing than the outlets ptetending to no.

They know fuckall & City will have done everything needed to make this deal happen

I would say Messi says he's going no matter what & if PSG, Inter or whoever are put in the mix it won't matter if he wants City he will get it

You listen to bullshit papers & piggy back journos then your crazy

100% while the Maguire case is going on the papers will be spouting obscene City reports about how can City pay Messi etc it will be embarrassing mate whilt little old fat head Maguire gets fuckall said

If Messi leaves then City will be at the front no matter what any fan says likes or doesnt
We have known for months but up to last week we were trying to get Arry Kane and Martinez?

And if you look at the problems we've faced this season, the majority stem from having 2 or more players in the starting XI who struggle to press with pace, intensity and aggression. When we only have one of those aforementioned players (Silva, Aguero, Gundogan, Rodri or Mahrez) in the team, we generally perform very well and the pressing levels are brilliant.

In the two title winning seasons we used a high press, you said it yourself. No one has mentioned anything at all about trying to match Livarpool's press, certainly not me. I just want us back at the level we were at in the two title winning seasons, at that stage our quality will overshadow those bin dipping twats.

Messi can press, in the same way as Silva and Aguero; very slowly and infrequently. There's a reason Silva is leaving, it most definitely isn't because of a lack of quality. There's a reason Aguero will be leaving next summer (or the year after), it most definitely isn't going to be because of a lack of quality. Theres a reason Fernandinho doesn't play in midfield anymore, it most definitely isn't because of a lack of quality.

When the balance tips, when the lack of energy starts becoming detrimental, even slightly, the whole team suffer. The incredible quality means those players can still play a role, however the lack of energy is quite clearly costing us which I think is a general consensus on here.

Our press hasnt been the problem. -pep has clearly not wanted us to press with such intensity - the whole team have backed off from doing it in mosst games (in some we have)

The lack of intensity and aggression is from the likes of Rodri and Gundogan and Mendy. We have used a high press sometimes BUT not all the time not even in our title winning seasons - we are selective when we do it and always have been ----again im just using liverpool as a comparrison as a team who do it with intensity and not selvectively which we do..and they ALWAYS do it - we have never done it like them and never will hence Messi wont be needed to.

Silva left cause he chose to - 10 years was a nice way of rounding off his time here. Foden doesnt press all the time - he can do but again he is selective. In the last 10 games or so he was our best player showing he could still do it - Silva has never been a player who presses even when young - still the best midfielder the prem has ever seen however.

The issues you highlight miss out that we have also been a shambles in the back 4 so any percived issues with a lack of pressing is only a part of the problem (and i dont beleive its anywhere near the main problem)

The main problems for me last season were:

1. back four were awful - messi doesnt impact this at all - he cant prevent the brain farts from Mendy or Walker..he cant prevent Ota being slow and diving in - he cant prevent the injury to Laporte or John Stones losing his head/confidence
2. Finishing - Jesus, Sterling are poor finishers - we missed chances in crucial games when at 0-0 or even at 0-1 down - Messi doesnt miss those chances - big game player with an unparralled level of finishing.

Aguero leaving - yes he will - do you think having Messi in the team helps us attract a suitable replacement - Haaland and Mbappe already truned us down because we may not be seen by some as a big enough club - that changes the instant he is in the squad - no matter what level of player you are

The effect he has on the younger players - Imagine phil foden being told he is going to play and train with Messi - do you think he reacts negatively to this??? No he doesnt - do any of the young kids? no

The team Messi would have around him here is probably more suited to him now - energy in the right places, experience in others.

The answer is just to give them Mahrez. He's good enough that they will want him. It's Barcelona, so I doubt he'd be upset and they'd double his wages.

He can only play in the same area of the pitch as Messi, and he's not the kind of pace and runner in behind you want to surround a playmaker like Messi with.

I can't see them working on a pitch together at all.

Jesus would be the perfect player for that David Villa role from Pep's Barca, the striker playing wide left and drifting into the centre as Messi pulls centre backs into midfield.

All day and thrice on Sunday. Mahrez is also a massive wage earner and would be the biggest wages offset.

Mahrez, Garcia and Angelino would be valued at around £100m.

If Txiki can get that deal done he can walk on water!!!!!!!!!!!

Neymar is a party boy and that's why I could never see him ever playing at City.

Messi is perhaps at a stage at his life with a young family where he can reconcile just chilling with his family in the Cheshire burbs and playing X-Box with Sergio and Otamendi.

When you have the cash we have, I dare say his family could live in London and he can helicopter to City training each day.

As a Mancunian born and bred, I find my city a pretty shabby place with a menacing underbelly.
I 2nd your last line, the walk from piccadily train station down to market Street is like walking past a refugee camp, it fills me with the horrors.

His dad Alf does elude to it here also -

This bit is also interesting -

‘I think that’s the most important thing, in addition to how the club has been over the last five or ten years and what direction they’ve taken.’

That says to me that a project like ours might be appealing to him. We have certainly been more successful than utd over the last 5-10 years

Our press hasnt been the problem. -pep has clearly not wanted us to press with such intensity - the whole team have backed off from doing it in mosst games (in some we have)

The lack of intensity and aggression is from the likes of Rodri and Gundogan and Mendy. We have used a high press sometimes BUT not all the time not even in our title winning seasons - we are selective when we do it and always have been ----again im just using liverpool as a comparrison as a team who do it with intensity and not selvectively which we do..and they ALWAYS do it - we have never done it like them and never will hence Messi wont be needed to.

Silva left cause he chose to - 10 years was a nice way of rounding off his time here. Foden doesnt press all the time - he can do but again he is selective. In the last 10 games or so he was our best player showing he could still do it - Silva has never been a player who presses even when young - still the best midfielder the prem has ever seen however.

The issues you highlight miss out that we have also been a shambles in the back 4 so any percived issues with a lack of pressing is only a part of the problem (and i dont beleive its anywhere near the main problem)

The main problems for me last season were:

1. back four were awful - messi doesnt impact this at all - he cant prevent the brain farts from Mendy or Walker..he cant prevent Ota being slow and diving in - he cant prevent the injury to Laporte or John Stones losing his head/confidence
2. Finishing - Jesus, Sterling are poor finishers - we missed chances in crucial games when at 0-0 or even at 0-1 down - Messi doesnt miss those chances - big game player with an unparralled level of finishing.

Aguero leaving - yes he will - do you think having Messi in the team helps us attract a suitable replacement - Haaland and Mbappe already truned us down because we may not be seen by some as a big enough club - that changes the instant he is in the squad - no matter what level of player you are

The effect he has on the younger players - Imagine phil foden being told he is going to play and train with Messi - do you think he reacts negatively to this??? No he doesnt - do any of the young kids? no

The team Messi would have around him here is probably more suited to him now - energy in the right places, experience in others.

We were never actually linked with Kane. That was BM speculation about who a big target might be

All day and thrice on Sunday. Mahrez is also a massive wage earner and would be the biggest wages offset.

Mahrez, Garcia and Angelino would be valued at around £100m.

If Txiki can get that deal done he can walk on water!!!!!!!!!!!
It would have to be Mahrez for me too, in fairness, in the way he attacks he is similar to Messi, and would suit the way they set up.

Is it possible Messi could leave on loan? Given his gripe isn't with Barcelona, rather it's current leadership. Then go back next year when his pals are in charge.

It's extremely considerate of him to announce a decision today so we can stop talking about this (probably!). What a man that Leo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.