It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the season ended on the 23rd and the clause is, as rumoured, 10 days after the end of the season, then that means the 10 days ends at end of play Wednesday 2nd September. So maybe a week today we'll know. Just a case of wait and see if Barcelona can persuade him to stay now but it feels like too many bridges have been burned. The Puyol and Suarez reactions in particular show it's open warfare over there.

a week ??????

BUT I WANT A MESSI NOW MUM!!

If the season ended on the 23rd and the clause is, as rumoured, 10 days after the end of the season, then that means the 10 days ends at end of play Wednesday 2nd September. So maybe a week today we'll know.
He's already formally told Barca of his intention to leave on a free, citing that clause. The 10 days or whatever was the rumoured deadline for doing so. The argument is about whether FIFA's covid-19 special regs extended that escape clause to the new end of season in August.

You'd like to think so.

Calling Blue Moon's legal counsel Project River to the floor...
If I could see the actual contract term as well as the other potential force majeure clauses I could probably give you a reasonable interpretation. Without it everyone is guessing. However from the snippets I have read it seems to be a specific date clause each year. The question is one of intention in contracts. The likelihood is that the date is to reflect the end of the season, as the season was extended it is not unreasonable to expect the date to also be extended.

Surely this must have been sorted
Will he not have had lawyers look at his contract speak with City and sort out a provisional deal before going public
He would've, his entourage would've been well and truly onto it before asking to leave Barca for free. Messi and his team wouldn't be that stupid surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.