It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, apart from a few weeks after the restart, Grealish has been every bit as good for his club. Not only that, but he's gotten better every season for them as his level of responsibility has increased. He's got a pair of bollocks on him and is comfortable handling pressure.

Like I said earlier, I've got reservations just because of the logistics of fitting him in the squad but he is a very, very good player regardless of the fact that some people seem to have built this reputation of him in their heads.
What pressure does he have at Villa? He is the main man, the hero before a ball is kicked.Playing for a team who only want to stay up. The big games this season, apart from the last match, he went missing. When we played them he was totally anonymous.
Playing every game for our players is a must win game, can he handle that? Very few players can!

You’re the one who seems to have a weird hatred towards a player who has done fuck all to us as a club.

The lockdown breech was irresponsible and he deserved the punishment he got. However, it’s hardly the crime of the century is it?

I think he’s a decent player who could become top class in the right team. He’s mobile, can pick a pass, keep the ball under pressure and isn’t afraid to get stuck in.

I’d take him over Gundogan as a central midfielder every day of the week. Gundogan either plays in Rodri’s position or doesn’t play at all for me.
All about opinions, some weird views here about Gundogan, a full German international , and a proven, top class player for the best part of a decade. And also a player Pep trusts implicitly.

What pressure does he have at Villa. He is the main man, the hero before a ball is kicked. The big games this season, apart from the last match, he went missing. When we played them he was totally anonymous.
I was impressed with him at City but I can't remember him at all in the game at Villa Pk.

I like him because he's got charisma on the pitch and can produce special moments. These players are rare.

The big games this season, apart from the last match, he went missing. When we played them he was totally anonymous.

You mean mark the only creative player out of a game, not hard really.
Put that creative player in a very good side....

What pressure does he have at Villa? He is the main man

I think you've answered your own question there mate. Ask yourself how it became that way. He dragged his boyhood team up from the Championship when he could have taken the easy route and jumped ship to a Premier League team when they were relegated. He scored the winner in a derby after getting clocked in the face mid game by a pitch invader. Tell me that's not a moment we would be talking about for decades if it was for us.

Playing every game for our players is a must win game, can he handle that?

My guess is no better than yours but I'd say definitely. He can handle the pressure and I'd say he's more overtly competitive than some of what we've currently got in the squad.

He was in a crash drink driving during lockdown after he did a video telling everyone to obey the lockdown,he is 26 so not young anymore
Not arguing for or against Grealish to join the club with this post.

Yes, he is 26 and an adult however, I would contend he is childlike or adolescent like. He, most likely, had had his arse kissed since he was 11 or 12 years old being told how special and great of a footballer he is. He will have been catered to and doted on. Hell, he probably still has someone preparing meals or at least a menu for him and ringing him to ensure he is getting himself ready for training.

The lifestyle is completely different from what most of us know, having to get ourselves up and out the door for school on our own. Getting ourselves to work on time and working hard or we pay the price. He has been "special" so tardiness or indifference at times will be overlooked. This type of thing can stunt one's emotional growth.

Some people overcome this and still "grow up." Some do not. I think there are more that don't than we know about.

Not arguing for or against Grealish to join the club with this post.

Yes, he is 26 and an adult however, I would contend he is childlike or adolescent like. He, most likely, had had his arse kissed since he was 11 or 12 years old being told how special and great of a footballer he is. He will have been catered to and doted on. Hell, he probably still has someone preparing meals or at least a menu for him and ringing him to ensure he is getting himself ready for training.

The lifestyle is completely different from what most of us know, having to get ourselves up and out the door for school on our own. Getting ourselves to work on time and working hard or we pay the price. He has been "special" so tardiness or indifference at times will be overlooked. This type of thing can stunt one's emotional growth.

Some people overcome this and still "grow up." Some do not. I think there are more that don't than we know about.

He's 24.

I just feel the need to point this out because I've been greatly enjoying the argument about his age which has so far gone-

"He's 24"

"No he's 26 in September"

"No he's 25 in September"

"OK but he still drink drives"

"Actually he didn't drink drive"

"I still don't like him"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.