It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 weeks ago the same would have been said about Cancelo.

Angelino couldn't have done any more during his loan spells. I don't know whether or not he is good enough for us but to say he has been given a fair chance is bizarre.

Not been given a proper crack of the whip imo.

Last night he was the second best player on the pitch in a CL quarter final.

He's clearly a very good player.

The £7m mentioned in domalino's post

You would be ok with 7 million for Angelino who was nearly bought by PSG last summer for 25 and is now in the next round of the champions league and one of the better players in German a better league than he was in last year. Are you mad ? Its not like he is old or injured or anything. Plus RB have an option to buy at 20 odd million now true they say they cannot afford it (not true) but its not like they are saying he is not worth it or he is crap they must have thought it was an ok fee before Corona and when they took him on loan and a suspect he has done better for them than they thought so even if Corona takes 10 million off which is excessive its still way more in relative terms than 7 million

What do you mean “perfect for our team” because he can’t defend. Stop being a prick, and stop listen to the bias of the pricks on Sly and BT. You don’t make snide comments that Liverpool are shit at defending do you, yet we conceded a whole TWO goals more than them in the league, despite (a) playing a far more attacking style than them and (b) being without our number one CB for half the season. This “City can’t defend” nonsense is fucking bollocks

By the time the title was officially over we were conceding more than a goal a game (33 conceded in 31 games)
LFC had conceded 21 in 31 games, 12 less - more than half their total.

We didn't win the title for a 3rd year in a row because we went from the best CB partnership in the world in Kompany and Laporte to a midtable partnership in 2 from Stones/Otamendi/Dinho

By the time the title was officially over we were conceding more than a goal a game (33 conceded in 31 games)

We didn't win the title for a 3rd year in a row because we went from the best CB partnership in the world in Kompany and Laporte to a midtable partnership in 2 from Stones/Otamendi/Dinho

True we didnt replace Kompany, lost Laporte through injury, had 2 liabilities in Stones and Otamendi, and had 2 disasters waiting to happen at leftback.

Liverpool had the luxury of having pretty much a relatively injury free squad.

Also in front of their fantastic defense that conceded 2 less goal they had 2 sitting midfielders.

He was an outstanding young player that our club did everything to keep, including offering a very lucrative contract.

Sure he was a good player but the original point was that we don't get good value for our best players. They did offer him a lucrative contract and he declined it, what more are they supposed to do.

You would be ok with 7 million for Angelino who was nearly bought by PSG last summer for 25 and is now in the next round of the champions league and one of the better players in German a better league than he was in last year. Are you mad ? Its not like he is old or injured or anything. Plus RB have an option to buy at 20 odd million now true they say they cannot afford it (not true) but its not like they are saying he is not worth it or he is crap they must have thought it was an ok fee before Corona and when they took him on loan and a suspect he has done better for them than they thought so even if Corona takes 10 million off which is excessive its still way more in relative terms than 7 million

If its all they can afford and he wants the RB move then as long as we insert a percentage clause when they move Angelinho for profit then I am ok with that. No clause and we don't sell him to that club and we get what we can elsewhere.

Last edited:

I repeat what I said, we let in TWO more than the dippers over the season, we played a far more attacking brand of football, and we had Laporte out for half the season. So ok our defence is shit and the robbing cunts defence is ace, fucking right

I remember seeing this lad in the first team years ago, him and another lad from Europe took up the fullback positions that game (may have been some league cup game), but I remember thinking he looks like a genuine prospect.

Not sure why he does so well on his loan spells, and yet doesn't seem to do that well for us, is it simply a confidence issue, a system issue ?

Fucked if I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.