It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not in a mess. We have nothing like the issues Barca do. If we make the right signings this summer, we will be in a very good place.
We lost 9 league games and made disappointing exits from the FA Cup and Champions League. There are problems as evidenced by a very un-Pep-like team selection against a limited Lyon side.

We lost 9 league games and made disappointing exits from the FA Cup and Champions League. There are problems as evidenced by a very un-Pep-like team selection against a limited Lyon side.
The main reasons we lost 9 were a combination of some dross defending but more importantly not scoring from the shedloads of chances and possession we created in pretty well all of those games

The agreement to leave for free expires each May.

Which is why I've been concerned by the reports Barca are sniffing around Bernardo.

The only easy sell to protect Messi's legacy is Barca still receiving a bid equal to £100m.

How come everyone is reporting him as having a year left on his contract if he has such a clause ?How is the Bernardo to Barcelona connected with Messi ? If Messi can leave when he wants the Bernardo does not come into it unless we are ok selling him it’s not like we would need to sell him to get Messi

Good question, no idea.

Only told back in mid July that his people had told City he was ready to quit as soon as Barca exited this year's Champs League.

Obviously lots of politics in play.

is Messi the big one you refer to in here or was that Kane ?

Good question, no idea.

Only told back in mid July that his people had told City he was ready to quit as soon as Barca exited this year's Champs League.

Obviously lots of politics in play.

What is the possibility that this is all just a power play by Messi due to his dislike of the board etc?Id say it got to be that more than he will actually leave

What is the possibility that this is all just a power play by Messi due to his dislike of the board etc?Id say it got to be that more than he will actually leave
I suspect he's both pushing to go and making a power play. As in, he's willing to go if he has to and is going to make the moves to leave. But also if things change at board level and he's satisfied with things moving forwards then he'll happily stick around. I'd wager it's a genuine ultimatum (if all of the recent rumours are true that is). It's possible bringing in Xavi might persuade him to stay.

I don't think this is resolved with him signing a new contract there. If he stays he stays and that's that, this feels to me to be about far more than money.

I can't see him going, but if anything's going to force him out it's this mess. One thing as well if he has to hand in a transfer request to force the board to accept a bid below 500m then he might not go through with it to save face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.