It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say, but Fernadinho is about finished as a player, and certainly as a midfielder. I really don't think he'd play much, if at all, in that position regardless of whether Luiz comes in.

You are probably correct but It seems very unlikely we are going to release him this summer so he’ll be here next season and whether he plays much or not he’s taking up a spot in the squad. we simply don’t have the space for Luiz without seeing somebody leave and I can’t see any of them leaving. Fernandinho would warrant a goodbye similar to silva rather than being dumped quietly, Pep loves gundogan and I can’t see us cutting our losses on Rodri after just one season. The only way they all possibly fit in is if Peps master plan for next season is two holding midfielders like the first half against Lyon and nobody wants that’s.

He's been very decent for Villa mate, their fans are desperate to keep him. Their 2nd best player behind Grealish.

Is very decent for villa enough for us though? I’ll be the first to admit I’ve not watched much of Villa this season (why would anybody?) only a few post restart games and the games against us which isn’t enough to form any credible opinion on him, i just haven’t heard much hype around his performances.

We certainly need somebody more mobile but he hasn’t really been tearing up any trees at Villa, not convinced he’s good enough for us and we can’t have Rodri, Luiz Gundogan and Fernandinho in the same squad. Likely to be a money making deal
Sorry but I totally disagree ref him not ripping up trees.Our son in law is a Villa fan and claims he is the one player that Villa should keep hold off,irrespective of what happens to the "mard arse Brummie" who has flashes of brilliance but can be a lazy sod.
I for one have been very impressed every time Ive watched Villa and think you`re doing the lad a bit of disservice,thats not really warranted.
If he wasn`t good enough why did Pep try to sign him in the first place ?

Feels like deal-hunting rather than getting someone who'll seriously improve our first team tbh. City do this too much.

I don't think you can accuse the club of 'deal hunting' when we have the biggest collection of £40-60m players in Europe.

You are probably correct but It seems very unlikely we are going to release him this summer so he’ll be here next season and whether he plays much or not he’s taking up a spot in the squad. we simply don’t have the space for Luiz without seeing somebody leave and I can’t see any of them leaving. Fernandinho would warrant a goodbye similar to silva rather than being dumped quietly, Pep loves gundogan and I can’t see us cutting our losses on Rodri after just one season. The only way they all possibly fit in is if Peps master plan for next season is two holding midfielders like the first half against Lyon and nobody wants that’s.
I think we're probably ok on squad spaces actually. Torres took Sane's spot, Koulibaly/Carlos takes Otamendi's, and a potential leftback would probably be one for one with Zinchenko. That leaves us with David Silva's place, which is empty now, and in a pinch we could probably buy a homegrown backup keeper to replace Bravo if we wanted to buy an attacker later on in the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.