It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fag packet economics have now started across so-called informed sources and outlets, we only need leave any affordability questions to the people who run our club. It was the same with the FFP experts.

Splitting up the offer over five years and including NYCFC in the pot means we can keep Messi's immediate wage costs down, and he can be paid handsomely at the back end and pick up yet another huge signing-on fee.

I have a hunch we will give Messi £50m to buy out his final year's basic salary and then we come to a sweetheart price on Garcia.

Can't we just give him a Marina in Dubai when he retires & fuck NY ?

The fag packet economics have now started across so-called informed sources and outlets, we only need leave any affordability questions to the people who run our club. It was the same with the FFP experts.

Splitting up the offer over five years and including NYCFC in the pot means we can keep Messi's immediate wage costs down, and he can be paid handsomely at the back end and pick up yet another huge signing-on fee.

I have a hunch we will give Messi £50m to buy out his final year's basic salary and then we come to a sweetheart price on Garcia.

Cheers Tolm.
SLY Sports had no idea at all last night, and really showed how little they knew in this potential transfer. That’s fine, it’s not their fault. However, I think the low point was when they said the Glazers had real pulling power, and they could sign Messi, because their very own Tampax Bay Buccs signed QB Tom Brady.

Heh heh, everyone knows the greatest QB in the NFL is Drew Brees 9 aka GOAT

The one thing I haven't seen said about NYCFC coming in is that MLS themselves would get involved.

They essentially gave Beckham £375m when they promised him an expansion team for £25m (current fee is £400m). Admittedly they might not have predicted it'd be worth quite so much, but they knew it would be well into 9 figures by the time Beckham would be setting a club up - they've always been bullish about the growth of the league.

The back end pay day you're talking about might not even be paid for by CFG if MLS want Messi that badly.

If we do hand Messi £50m to buy out his final year (just as PSG did with Neymar) it is a better optic for both him and Barca, rather than us coming to take him away in the purest aggressive sense?

We would still need to hand Messi another £50m as a signing bonus of his own, which is why I considered the back end option and a further signing fee from NYCFC.

But as you say, the MLS went to crazy lengths to accommodate Beckham and this would be on a completely different level altogether.

Perhaps we will have built the New York stadium by then with the SilverLake cash and what a way to christen it with the Lionel Messi?

Perhaps we offer him a stake in the CFG.

All I know is the cash is nowhere near an issue.

Hi Tolm, my giddy excitement is already at 100%, any more news you have that could push it to 200%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.