It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clause does not mean he could leave for free.

De Bruyne has no transfer clause set in his contract, can he leave for free? no...

I think the confusion is between clause and fee!
My understanding is the clause states he can leave for free before the start of the final year of his contract with no fee.

No clause does not mean he could leave for free.

De Bruyne has no transfer clause set in his contract, can he leave for free? no...

The interesting part now is how his contract was structured, the new rumours are it was a 3 +1 year deal meaning both sides would have exit options on the final year should they want it. Potentially of course.

The reports of the £700m release clause not applying are being leaked by the Barcelona executive.

Clearly a precursor to a negotiation. Messi would jump on the plane tonight if he could.
Any idea what the most likely situation here?
Is it either Barca negotiate with us and agree a fee or Messi terminates his contract and it’s up to FIFA/courts to decide?

The reports of the £700m release clause not applying are being leaked by the Barcelona executive.

Clearly a precursor to a negotiation. Messi would jump on the plane tonight if he could.

so he can’t leave on a free then? I thought there was a break in his contract at the end of the 2019/20 season still?

as I see it we still have to agree on a fee with Barca.

Only way to get him for free to go legal, which is seemingly something him and his entourage wants to avoid and also it could delay the whole transfer by 6-12 months.

Remember Tebas has previous for this, when PSG's lawyers turned up to pay Neymar's release clause and he simply refused to let them carry out the transaction.

On what basis? None whatsoever.

I have personally seen him give a presentation about La Liga at a conference and I can say, they’re bitter and jealous about the premiere leagues popularity. Unfortunately for a long time they had a terrible set up outside Barca and Real. The pitches were awful, the cameras were terrible, everything was low budget. He showed several videos of Messi taking on players on pitch’s that were completely wrecked, damaged, water logged. Just something you wouldn’t see in the PL. They had like a million sponsors plastered all over the place, it looked a mess and when they would do the post match press conference, they would have every drink under the sun in front of the manager. But they changed it all and copied the PL as they’re trying so hard to compete. When Messi comes to City, they will cry their eyes out. Expect bitterness to the tenth degree. Expect this c*nt to cry FFP, cheating, oil money, human rights etc etc

Last edited:
as I see it we still have to agree on a fee with Barca.

Only way to get him for free to go legal, which is seemingly something him and his entourage wants to avoid and also it could delay the whole transfer by 6-12 months.

No he can sign with us I believe and it’s then fought in the courts, if it takes 12 months then they are awarded it we have a further 12 months to pay meaning they’d have to wait 2 years to see any fee. That’s how I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.