It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it is laughable, it must be Covid that has turned a number of bluemooners to soft self entitled knobheads!
It's his last year, so Messi can buy himself out. As far as I'm aware, it's based on a formula derived from annual football earnings or something of that ilk. Failure to agree means that a court gets to set the fee, but that wouldn't be anywhere near £100M.
Messi, City & Barca will all be wise to this so I expect the fee to be £75M or less inc. any players. I suppose that the headline figure could be higher if a player going to them is over-valued so that Barca can save face.

‘. Undisclosed fee’ is my prediction..

You expect us to remember your comments?

I am no clearer to how this ends. I thought Messi might be able to bounce barca into quickly backing down but that hasn't happened. Messi could mull it over and submit a free transfer. Perhaps at that point Barca back down.

I can't see that their position is practical. Messi does not look like he will play for them next season, and if they leave it like that he could agree a free transfer in January.

He only has to hold his nerve I think, but I am impatient. If his legal position is really strong he could buy his contract out. If I were him I'd put those wheels in motion and see what effect that has on barca. Faced with an imminent departure on a free they might move.
so messi would offer to buy out his contract approx 50m ,when his contract is saying according to him(messi) that his contract is no more ?

do some people not actually think what they are posting, not aimed at you only, but quite a few on this thread,some even saying jesus plus garcia and 70m

Right now it all depends how urgently we want Messi.
If we are keen to get on with it it’s time for us to make an offer.
I would have thought a player plus cash to total value £100 million will secure his services without having to go down the road of a protracted court litigation.
If Bartomeu has any sense (!) he will jump at this.
Might depend on how patient Messi is. If his legal position is not that strong then he has less leverage as a free transfer becomes risky. If his legal position is clear cut, I think he can buy-out his contract and push quickly for a free-transfer which might force Barca to move. Seems complicated. Lots of ifs, ands, and ors.

You expect us to remember your comments?

I am no clearer to how this ends. I thought Messi might be able to bounce barca into quickly backing down but that hasn't happened. Messi could mull it over and submit a free transfer. Perhaps at that point Barca back down.

I can't see that their position is practical. Messi does not look like he will play for them next season, and if they leave it like that he could agree a free transfer in January.

He only has to hold his nerve I think, but I am impatient. If his legal position is really strong he could buy his contract out. If I were him I'd put those wheels in motion and see what effect that has on barca. Faced with an imminent departure on a free they might move.
He might already have done for all we know.
No point getting impatient over something that is not in your control. That will only give you an ulcer and sleepless nights.
This is all playing out just as the likes of Tolmie have predicted from the very start. Let the cards fall where they may - but make no mistake Messi and City are holding pocket aces

It's his last year, so Messi can buy himself out. As far as I'm aware, it's based on a formula derived from annual football earnings or something of that ilk. Failure to agree means that a court gets to set the fee, but that wouldn't be anywhere near £100M.
Messi, City & Barca will all be wise to this so I expect the fee to be £75M or less inc. any players. I suppose that the headline figure could be higher if a player going to them is over-valued so that Barca can save face.
I’d like to think you are right, which would make Cheese’s postulation of throwing in the kitchen sink look pretty stupid.

Exactly. I bet Barca will suddenly value Garcia at 30m if it makes their ultimate takeaway from all this look better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.