It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this flapping because ONE Argentinian journo predicted that he MIGHT stay at Barca. The same journo that exclusively revealed that the Barca president had resigned a few days ago. Come on guys
Most sensible post of the morning! Enjoyed this post thought I was going crazy reading some comments on here this morning.

All this flapping because ONE Argentinian journo predicted that he MIGHT stay at Barca. The same journo that exclusively revealed that the Barca president had resigned a few days ago. Come on guys

Exactly this, it's 90% likely to be bollocks, and in the unlikely event it is correct, then we've dodged a bullet as it would show Messi up as a weak individual who has no place in our team. There is no downside to this report whatsoever

really don`t understand what will have changed in a few hours to make him stay to be honest? are they gonna keep his best mate at barca? no! have they improved their financial position and stopped losing money hand over fist? no! have they got a manager in that leo wants to play for and thinks can make the team better? no! and will barca make a huge number of quality signings to make them a lot better in this current climate? no! pretty sure there can be nothing as it stands to have a had such a turnaround in a few hours! all huff and bluff imo.
Possibly the legal situation mate. I guess it’s possible that the legal outcome is difficult to be sure on and he maybe he was hoping that Bartomeu would have been prepared to be reasonable. Either way not to worry, we either get him now for a fee, or in a year for free, and Phil and Bernardo get more game time in the meantime

Last edited:
Didn't his Dad come out of that meeting saying 'my son will not stay here'? I don't know how we get to 90% chance of staying from that.

Lets be honest. Everything being said and written right now is 95% speculation.
We all have our own take on the situation.
My gut feeling is Jorge is negotiating the biggest deal for his son at barca that will keep him there beyond his playing days and may involve a coaching role, ambassadorial role even a future presidential role.
Will that include him moving to the premier league to fulfil a dream first ?
Nobody really knows.
I apologise for my opinion on the situation.

by the way - I`d love him at city for a couple of seasons. Who wouldn`t

Scenes when Jorge is seen at the airport boarding the Gulfstream and its seen heading back to Rosario with still no fucking news ;-)

He may end up being right but its the ultimate hedging of bets statement. If he's right then he's got legend ITK status as most are reporting the opposite and if hes wrong then he did "only say 90%" and he can come up with some reason why Messi decided to end up leaving.

Lets hope so Tolmie that they are men of their word !! This morning reports don't look that promising..
Especially when the BBC finally mention him in an article featuring all the costs. It has the air of inside knowledge that he 'snubbed City or City couldn't land him despite offering a mammoth fee.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.