It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a little late for Barcelona to try and win over Messi. They have already burned a lot of bridges. The only way I see how Messi stays is to prevent Barcelona's name getting dragged into the mud. Bartomeu doesn't care about that but may be Messi will think of this as his moral obligation to prevent maligning Barcelona's name in this saga.

The decision to stay won't be a financial or a footballing one I am sure.

He doesn't need to take them to court. He negotiates a transfer as a free agent. Then up to Barcelona to prove he was not a free agent.

City are best keeping out until Messi v Barca dispute is clear cut. Once it is, we can submit an offer which would go through FIFA's arbitration service and La Liga can say what they like.

Barca either have to win Messi around, or they have to come to terms with his decision to leave. It's a dispute between club and player for now but City may decide that we have a opportunity to buy him if he has become a free agent.

It is evident that Messi regards himself as a free agent so I think the way forward is opening for City to make an offer. Messi can alternatively accept an offer from Barcelona and set this aside. I don't think he will but it will become clear soon enough. I don't think it will drag on for much longer.
And City are going to risk becoming part of a multi million law suit?

Don't think so, his contract situation will have to be 100% sorted before we can make our offer to him official I would have thought.

What?

Hi mate, so with a private jet people typically won't treat it like a car where you leave it on the driveway. They will use it for business or lease it out for the day.

If it's going back to Rosario it could be employees or other family members. Jorge Messi is in Barcelona so that's all that really matters.

If they do not want to drag things through the courts this is where Messi’s dad needs to do his bit.
Speak to the City exec and work out what sort of deal we may be able to offer Barca ie player/s plus cash in order to release Messi from whatever contractual obligation he may be perceived to have.
I very much doubt Messi has gone this far down the path of leaving to do a u turn so abruptly. He will clearly not be a happy chappy in their camp if he does return, playing for a manager he doesn’t want to play for at a club he wants to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.