It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone at Barca expecting big changes after Bartomeu's time is done, new president who will try not to start with losing MEssi, new project, they will make sure they will try to get Messi for longer, even signing a new contract under new president is highly likely.

Messi still loves Barca, would not have any issue with them if they had been doing better last 2 years in temrs of playing style and trophies and signings. He happily would have signed for extra years even with this crooked Barto if barca was winning CL this year.

Now I thought if Messi arrives that is automatic renewal for Pep as well, big decision for Pep now with Messi staying put.

Getting him on a free was always fanciful. We were always going to have to pay a transfer fee. Maybe the powers that be thought of this to be the best way to get the ball rolling?

I nodded off for an hour earlier and woke up absolutely drenched in sweat (I'm waiting on a Covid result) and feeling a bit surreal. I came down having missed the latest developments, having read some of the comments on here I'm even more confused. At least Tolmie still seems semi-confident.
The fuck you doing on here if you think you got Covid?

I hope you got your mask on, I dont want you putting germs on the forum.
Stay save.
Save lives.
Don't cough near the pc.

Everyone at Barca expecting big changes after Bartomeu's time is done, new president who will try not to start with losing MEssi, new project, they will make sure they will try to get Messi for longer, even signing a new contract under new president is highly likely.

Messi still loves Barca, would not have any issue with them if they had been doing better last 2 years in temrs of playing style and trophies and signings. He happily would have signed for extra years even with this crooked Barto if barca was winning CL this year.

Now I thought if Messi arrives that is automatic renewal for Pep as well, big decision for Pep now with Messi staying put.

By the time the new president is in, they’ll want to get rid of 34 year old Messi who is unhappy & costing them a fortune in wages. They’ve got no money & Messi’s commercial use for Barca will wane

not sure we’ll still want him by then

Last edited:

Is it though? How badly does he want to work with Messi again?

He's got Foden to develop and KDB on his books. I'm wounded about the Messi situation, but am I missing some regarding Pep and Messi?

This is a sound logic... if we weren't talking about Barca.

Bartomeu is the one making decisions and he doesn't give one fk what happens in 6 months or 9 months, he only cares about now and the fact Messi stays.

There is also a big chance the next president will coninvce Messi to stay with a fresh project and Barto keeping Messi will be seen as one of his few good decisions.
A new president can't magic up a new financial situation. Certain realities will have to be confronted who ever takes over. There is at least one candidate out there who said that the other day in direct relation to the Messi situation. I don't see Messi staying beyond next summer. He'll end up somewhere else, whether at City or elsewhere.

The whispers from Pep's critics and the city haters will now start. Pep will spit his dummy out cos he didn't get Messi and he will leave in a year cos he knows he can't achieve his ambitions without Messi

Maybe it will be the thing that makes Pep stay longer to prove them all wrong?

Getting him on a free was always fanciful. We were always going to have to pay a transfer fee. Maybe the powers that be thought of this to be the best way to get the ball rolling?
How can that be true? Someone will be getting him on a free this time next year.

As a family man as are many on here I couldn't help but feel sad to hear how is eldest son begged him to not move to a new country and not change schools. These issues are sometimes forgotton and taken for granted amongst all football fans.

Personally, if I had all the money like he has and achieved what he has achieved then to upset my kids like that would be too difficult to do, just for a fresh challenge.

Then again I am a soft arse.
But you might have consulted your family before going high profile public, yes?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.