It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is so unhappy, why does he not buy out his contract and be a free agent.

And with all due respect of his desire to win the Champions League again, are we his best choice of club to achieve that? Are we not still a way off achieving that? Our defence is simply not good enough in my opinion, even if we have Messi in our team tucking away the chances that will currently miss for fun.

I do wonder if his wish is all football related and some of it is more the financial situation long term.
I don't know what is involved but I suspect it is complicated by the clause that Barcelona claim is in force.

We do have defensive problems but I assume we are addressing that. There will be other options for Messi if he pursues a free transfer in January.

He's made himself a poisoned pill at Barcelona that the Barcelona board might not want to swallow.

If he is so unhappy, why does he not buy out his contract and be a free agent.

And with all due respect of his desire to win the Champions League again, are we his best choice of club to achieve that? Are we not still a way off achieving that? Our defence is simply not good enough in my opinion, even if we have Messi in our team tucking away the chances that will currently miss for fun.

I do wonder if his wish is all football related and some of it is more the financial situation long term.
Because we along with every other club dont want players buying out contracts and wouldnt encourage it or pay him back . Once that starts every club is in trouble.

Pep has said he hates all the shit that goes on at Barca, stayed too long & is so glad not to have it anymore.

Why on earth would he want it again ?

Why would Garcia go back? Why would Leo refuse to take the club to court despite professing he is within his rights to leave? Why would Pep say he will eventually return to his club?

Current board is shite & there is always the entorno but Més. You’d have to be a cule to understand and Pep understands

Take 2017-2019 out the equation. In that period we squoze the last bit of quality at the top level from David Silva, Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho as a defensive mid. We also probably had the last of Agueros best years and we had Leroy Sane.

We finished 18 points behind a side who are very strong defensively and have Salah, Mane and Firmino up front with amazing full backs. We scored the most goals, but we lost 9 games. We were flat track bullies and we didn’t take our chances in games that mattered. It’s plainly obvious we need a forward to compete for the title. I know we’ve signed Torres, but he will need time to adjust and he’s not got the numbers of goals & assists to suggest he’s going to make the difference for us this season.

Aguero is the wrong side of his peak and coming back from a serious knee injury which is in addition to the 2-3 muscular injuries he has got most seasons of his city career. Jesus bottles chances in big games and imo is not good enough as first choice. We are short of top attacking quality in big matches.
We have enough offensive talent to win the league this season if we tighten up defensively. Jesus is good enough. He's been in and out of the side and that's not easy to deal with. Look how many goals we scored last season and that was without Aguero for much of the season and with David Silva in his last season and Bernardo off form. I have no worries about City offensively. And defensively, the addition of Koulibaly would solve that Kompany sized hole.

We don't need Messi. It would be a tremendous buzz though for 1-2 years, and do wonders for the club on so many levels. If we don't sign him this window, it will scarcely die down before the rumours start again in December which is why I think Barca might in the end welcome a bid. They are going to lose him, and they might now want to lose him given his age and distrust of the club.

Why would Garcia go back? Why would Leo refuse to take the club to court despite professing he is within his rights to leave? Why would Pep say he will eventually return to his club?

Current board is shite & there is always the entorno but Més. You’d have to be a cule to understand and Pep understands

Pep understands more than any of you & says he hates it & will never do it again. Thus stuff right now, is the exact stuff he hates.

'Going back' for Pep, means literallly that, not managing Barcelona.

Many old ex players work as youth coaches etc, at their former clubs. If he fancies it, when the time comes, he could do that. Or just drink wine & shake hands with foks, like Mike Summerbee etc do.

Managing there would be going against everything he's said, including last time he was asked, not long ago.

If his wife and kids loved him and respected all he’s done for them, they’d support his wish to move for a few years.
We’ve been hoodwinked. Pep and the Spafia have been totally done over here and it’s distracted us from signing those quality players Chelsea have bought up.
For me this ends the final point of the Spafia being here, there is no Barcelona left that we’d want here now. Move them on, change direction. Right now it also feels like Pep can go. Does Messi respect Pep so much that he calls him personally and begs to join, but all along it’s just a game? Fuck you Lionel.
This season is going to be very flat. we’re weaker with Dave and Leroy leaving & we haven’t bought anyone to inspire the squad to push on to more.
It wasn't worth the wait for that post lol

"There are no messages of support from his teammates. This has surprised and hurt Leo Messi"

I was really surprised none of the old lot supported him. Xavi, Pique, Puyol, Iniesta. They were all desperate to speak in the media when Neymar was going to leave, none of them said a word for Messi.

I really thought they'd be saying publicly that the club should be honouring the spirit of the contract with Messi.

And silence since his interview.

Last edited:
Koeman knows Messi rules. He won't dare have the balls to question or challenge him.

My take on it is that I think Koeman's approach with Messi will determine if City bid for him this summer. If the two of them get off to a bad start, I'm sure the media will be all over it and it's going to play out in public, which won't be good for anyone and might make them more willing to sell him now, rather than lose him on a free.

Suarez, who is one of Messi's best mates is apparently furious over how Koeman dealt with him in relation to his own move. There were reports in the press that Koeman had told Suarez there would be no special treatment for certain players, which seemed to be a pop at Messi.

I'm not convinced Koeman is going to make the assurances Messi will want to hear and Barca's transfer targets are not exactly inspiring. Unless they unexpectedly make a few world class signings before the end of the window, I don't think Messi is going to be convinced that anything has changed and will still question their ability to match his ambitions. From Koeman's perspective I'm sure he'll be wary of the potential damage to the team of having an unhappy player, with Messi's influence around the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.