It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barça and Madrid are about one thing...
Politics
Spanish castillian nationalism v republican / Catalan seperatism
Without it there is nothing meaningful about football in Spain
Real Madrid were the seminal moment for any "sportswashing"

I have no feel for Txiki and returning to Barca. Pep, there's no question he returns - just a question of when & in what capacity. Ideally, Pep would take over La Masia as the director of the youth program. Puyol is rumoured to be part of Font or Laporta's project as SD and of course Xavi as coach

I wouldn't advocate for Pep's return to coach the 1st team (How could he top what he already did?) although it'd be a great story - I see him coming back to the youth teams. Plus, as other have correctly pointed out, he hates the political BS and would prefer to stay out of the crosshairs of local media. Catalunya is his home as is Barca as his club, the return is inevitable

Think Pep has other projects in mind and others have him in mind first before he returns.

The links/rumours of him going to Italy are not coincidental and too consisitent to have no basis in them. He has mentioned managing in Italy himself and it also make sense - he will have managed in every major league then.

He may also want to manage a national team as well - this has been mentioned previously as well on numerous occasions. One would presume it would be Spain but it could be other national teams - there would be a long lit of suitors for him and some very big and attractive offers.

I have no doubt he would return to Barca at some point - but make no mistake about it -he is also quite pissed off at them as well and he has deliberately called them out previously for thw way the club has handled themselves (and Messi has just done that on a much grander scale) - Barca are a great club and play absolutely wonderful football and for me if it was a choice between them or Madrid to support it would be Barca every time for me but the club is a mess from an organisational and structural point of view - the politics and power grabs by people are wrecking it.

You have a considerable rebuild needed and that is going to possibly prove even more difficult now Messi has said what he has (whether he eaves or not - other top players listening to that interview will think twice before joining). You chairman could be arrested and again that will put top players and managers off (including Pep)

I'm not writing Rodri off he's a decent player but not for DM. Ake and Torres for me are squad players but may surprise. We lost nine league games last season and unless we address our weakness at the back this season will follow a similar pattern.

I don't know why anyone would call Torres a squad player other than because he cost £20m.

This is Spain's most talented u21 player, he is a youth prospect on the level of Foden, at least as good as Sané was when he joined. A player Spain's big 2 would have loved to sign, but Silva & Pep got us to the front of the queue.

Oh but because we took Valencia to the cleaners as he ran his contract down, he's just a squad player...

Barça and Madrid are about one thing...
Politics
Spanish castillian nationalism v republican / Catalan seperatism
Without it there is nothing meaningful about football in Spain
Real Madrid were the seminal moment for any "sportswashing"

Real and Barça are the Celtic and Rangers of Spain.

I'm not writing Rodri off he's a decent player but not for DM. Ake and Torres for me are squad players but may surprise. We lost nine league games last season and unless we address our weakness at the back this season will follow a similar pattern.
Ake and Kali will address it ,power and speed,i think ake will surprise you , it is easy to overstate our problems at the back, truth is we didn't replace vinny , he didn't give us any notice,we had planned on him staying another year and Eric was out all season

I don't know why anyone would call Torres a squad player other than because he cost £20m.

This is Spain's most talented u21 player, he is a youth prospect on the level of Foden, at least as good as Sané was when he joined. A player Spain's big 2 would have loved to sign, but Silva & Pep got us to the front of the queue.

Oh but because we took Valencia to the cleaners as he ran his contract down, he's just a squad player...

I hope you're right and he rips up defences this season.

Ake and Kali will address it ,power and speed,i think ake will surprise you , it is easy to overstate our problems at the back, truth is we didn't replace vinny , he didn't give us any notice,we had planned on him staying another year and Eric was out all season

I'll feel more confident of we get Kali.for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.