It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimenez rejected us apparently.

translation (google translate)

Information:

Manchester City has been talking to the environment for a month and with Giménez himself to let him know his interest in him

Giménez's response, blunt from the beginning: "I don't want to leave Atlético de Madrid"

NW from Giménez to the City. And they offer him a contract ...

It's easy to forget that despite the flaws, with Laporte fit and another winger to stop Sterling being run into the ground we would have been up past 90 points anyway.

Christ, just having Foden in his post lockdown form from the beginning of the season would have made a huge difference.

7 clean sheets in our 10 PL games post lockdown. Currently on a 5 game winning streak.

I'm convinced more business will be done, but I also believe the reason it's slow is because the major problems have already been addressed.

Yeah with Ake’s signing, I’m not as concerned about our CB situation as I was. It was clear the main issue stemmed from not having cover for Laporte.

I think Koulibaly (or whoever else) would be the cherry on the top as things stand, but I don’t think it’s make or break at this point and we can afford to slow things down and get the right target at the right price. Worse case scenario we keep Garcia for a year, give Stones another go and Ake some game time on the right (where he has played for Bournemouth).

The market could be a very interesting place in the final week or two as a few sales are made across Europe and Napoli may well be planning their business around selling Koulibaly.

Gimenez rejected us apparently.

translation (google translate)

Information:

Manchester City has been talking to the environment for a month and with Giménez himself to let him know his interest in him

Giménez's response, blunt from the beginning: "I don't want to leave Atlético de Madrid"

NW from Giménez to the City. And they offer him a contract ...

Not the worst news

They WERE, though! He's had an incredible season, not just a mediocre or a good one. This is what people fail to realize.

Plus, I think you're exaggerating about how "bad" he was in those matches.

It’s not a great habit to have your three worst games of the season when it matters most but as I said I’m not judging the guy on his performance in 3 games, the only thing I took from it was his traits. it’s pretty clear his style isn’t unlike Otamendi’s and that style makes you a liability in this league, especially in our system where its often 1v1 defending and if you allow your man to go past you, there’s nobody there to cover.

Doubt it will go till the end of the window though. For us, Koulibaly could be the final transfer of the window so for our part it wouldn’t matter, but Napoli have several targets they need to conclude after selling Koulibaly, so they don’t have time to wait much longer.

As the dick ADL is, just watch as he/Napoli announces Koulibaly is extending his stay without talking to us first, because he got fed-up of us not upping our offer.

That is the most likely outcome unfortunately

Haha - still miles away on KK and don't know if their president is prepared to lose face to make it happen.

No clue on an alternative.

We should keep an eye on the Barca outgoings - very interesting that the Vidal and Suarez deals are being bogged down.
Tolmie, please forgive me for being slow but I don’t understand what connection those deals have with us? Please help! Ha

Haha - still miles away on KK and don't know if their president is prepared to lose face to make it happen.

No clue on an alternative.

We should keep an eye on the Barca outgoings - very interesting that the Vidal and Suarez deals are being bogged down.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.