It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither of whom make our starting XI. We need a starting LB and a CB. We've not addressed either and we have a nightmare start to the season.
There's no such thing as a starting XI though, they're an important part of the squad that we're going to need more than ever this season.

The window probably is going to plan, just not your plan.
So you think that if before the window somebody said with 2 weeks left of the window you will have a CB who possibly wont be in the first XI and a winger who is a promising talent, but again wont be in our strongest XI, youd think that would be acceptable?
They need to pull their finger out, sort the issues we have, stop taking gambles, and be done with it.
it isnt difficult. Look at chelsea this summer, or even our 2017/18 summer. Getting shit done.

The window probably is going to plan, just not your plan.
Clearly not. Even ignoring the multiple reports from basically anyone and everyone close to the club that we were looking to make 3 or 4 signings this summer and expecting a busy window, Khaldoon said exactly that during his interview, after Ake and Torres. He specifically mentioned that we could even look to bring in players of a different age profile than usual. He's not randomly tossing this stuff out there, that was the plan.

There's no such thing as a starting XI though, they're an important part of the squad that we're going to need more than ever this season.
But there is. And you need both to be successful.

In the league we will rotate a lot and good rotation players are a major part of any success but for example in the CL you can have 23 good players but it doesn't matter if the opposition has at least 11, it comes down to what those 11 can do.

We haven't improved the team that takes on the best teams.

So you think that if before the window somebody said with 2 weeks left of the window you will have a CB who possibly wont be in the first XI and a winger who is a promising talent, but again wont be in our strongest XI, youd think that would be acceptable?
They need to pull their finger out, sort the issues we have, stop taking gambles, and be done with it.
it isnt difficult. Look at chelsea this summer, or even our 2017/18 summer. Getting shit done.
Look at chelsea, when they finish below us in the league. Yes I'd have been happy why ? because Ake and a new centre back that will arrive improves us. Having Torres as a wide option and being able to use Foden and Bernardo in midfield to replace Silva improves us, having Laporte back improves us. Does it improve us for us to get the extra 15 or so points we'll need in my opinion yes it does. It isn't difficult is it not, how would you possibly know?

The time to express frustration at not signing a right sided centre back in this window is when we fail to sign a right sided centre back in this window. Until then people need to chill and let the club do their thing. Or get stressed and criticise the club prematurely. Won’t change the outcome either way though so I choose to chill and trust the club.
There is a belief in certain quarters that the recent failure to replace Kompany combined with our struggles to secure a reliable left back justifies a degree of pessimism in solving these persistent blind spots...

Liverpool won the league and the champions league over the last 18 months with a starting XI.

We've been (in my opinion) absolutely bang average at best throughout this window, I get that weve got til October to rectify it but our season starts on Monday and weve still not a commanding right sided centre half, left back or dynamic midfielder, that's discounting the fact weve only got 2 forwards 1 of which isn't a goalscorer and the other one being injured

Liverpool won the league and the champions league over the last 18 months with a starting XI.

We've been (in my opinion) absolutely bang average at best throughout this window, I get that weve got til October to rectify it but our season starts on Monday and weve still not a commanding right sided centre half, left back or dynamic midfielder, that's discounting the fact weve only got 2 forwards 1 of which isn't a goalscorer and the other one being injured
ok gloomer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.