It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a city fan 40 years now and we've been really spoilt these past few years because there was some right old shite over the years...I will never forget the colossal 9 home goals under Pearce as being a particular low light

We must now realise that the owners want us to be big league now so although there are some overeactions by people, myself included, on here we are going to struggle reaching the owners ambitions on our present squad which is good but not incredible

Aguero I worry about with his injury - he needs to be replaced soon, maybe this season if his knee problem persists - we can play Jesus or sterling up front but I think we all realise they are not world class strikers - sterling cutting in his his best position and Jesus feels more like a hard working AM at times

City may prove some of us wrong with some astute signings over the last 18 days and we all hope they do but there is no doubt we need some action on that front unless we will struggle to get our premiership back

Really hope we're not going to be leaving it until deadline day to finish our business, I always think it looks a bit desperate when clubs are rushing about with medicals and fax machines.

Chelsea haven’t signed 6 , we’ve signed 2. All teams are still working on transfers to complete their squads, we need 1 more it’ll be done when it’s done.
It’ll be done by the same group of people, from Khaldoun, Soriano, Txiki, Berrada, Pep that have been doing this for years and delivered squads that win things. My wild guess is they are pretty good at it and know the transfer business pretty well.
If you beleive Txiki doesn’t constantly report and discuss with his bosses then you don’t understand how the club works and haven’t watched the All or nothing films.

He probably does report back to the others, but he is the one who negotiates for these transfers. He is the one in charge of these transfers. If one transfer is taking too long, move on to another transfer in a different position.

We don't need 1, we need more than that. Buying a new left back is imperative, as is buying either another midfield or forward player.

Things are different now. Pep walked into a team with Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero, Kompany, Fernandinho... now he is left with just De Bruyne, a 35 year old Fernandinho and a 32 year old crocked Aguero that has just come back from an awful knee injury.

Times are very different. The squad needs refreshening.

Well why not deal directly? Why not face the music and try and get this deal resolved sooner?

Txiki is as stubborn as Pep is. They won't back down until they get what they want.

Nobody can tell Pep he is wrong, because the more you tell him he is wrong, the more he will stick with the same formation/tactics and prove to you he is right. That is what Txiki reminds me of.
Rather than keep ranting, believing you know all the facts, why not just admit your a KFA who likes moaning?

Rather than keep ranting, believing you know all the facts, why not just admit your a KFA who likes moaning?

I am a KFA just like every single person on this forum, including Tolmie and Ezzy. People that are ITK wouldn't even entertain coming on a forum.

All of us who come on this forum, come on here because we have some affinity to the club, we care about the club.

Do i like moaning? No i don't. I absolutely hate it.

Do i like praising the team and being positive? Yes, of course i do.

We have just finished 18 points behind a Liverpool team who have just added a world class midfield player to their ranks, whilst we have lost our greatest ever player David Silva, one of the best young talents in world football in Leroy Sane and our best ever defender Vincent Kompany and barely replaced them, i am finding it hard to remain positive, especially when you consider we have a very, very tough first game v Wolves and haven't addressed serious areas of concern in the squad.

Had we have addressed most areas within the squad, i would be unbelievably upbeat and confident going into the new season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.