It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's an absolutely fantastic player. I think, if we had a proper defence, we could play Jesus with another striker, in most games & get an extra 10-20 goals by doing it. Our inability to defend if we lose possession, makes that dangerous at the moment.
The only slight drawback with Jesus is that he is not able to lead a line like Dzeko or Sergio but I think I prefer him now over Kun. Kun is too static and easy to mark.

What is a little unknown is whether Ake can play on the right of Laporte. If he can then we are stronger than last season which is something.

I want to continue winning titles, dominating the Premier league.

Like it or not the scousers have got together a great side and the others are starting to rebuild, especially Chelsea, we are stagnating and in many ways going backwards.

We used to get our transfer business done early, get the players settled and ready before the start of the season

We now spend all summer negotiating for our major targets and the negotiations fail, why is that? what's the change?

Nothing to do with wanting shiny new things, it's wanting to keep improving, to keep winning.

And looking at our manager in his first press conference of the season, does not fill anyone with confidence!
Completely agree

The only slight drawback with Jesus is that he is not able to lead a line like Dzeko or Sergio but I think I prefer him now over Kun. Kun is too static and easy to mark.

I like when Sergio is in a game when it’s tight in the middle he will come out wide. It’s a nightmare to defend as the defender has to go out with him which creates the extra space. If you don’t he picks the ball up and gets a shot off.

He's big, fast, can tackle, head the ball & pass it.

He can still do all of that & likely will be able to, for years to come.

Doesn't mean it's a guarantee he does it for City though. But he certainly can do it, irrespective about the so called 'disaster' he's had last season. All our cbs, have that 'disaster' every week, even when we win, just slower.

Ah thanks just didn’t want another injury prone player if we actually him and pay big money for him

Have hardly seen KK play is he really all that? Is he injury prone because getting an injury at his age he be out for a bit.

Think we were interested made the offer for quoted ridiculous fee and moved on its Napoli who keep reporting all the rubbish in the media because bottom line they are skint and desperate for big money.

Maybe we make another offer or we moved on to a new Target bottom line most people don’t know what’s happening.
KK was up there with Kompany at his best and VVD imo. One of the best defenders in Europe but I do think at 29 that there might be question marks over his phsyicality which is the heart of his game. He used to completely physically dominate the opposing centre-forward. I've never seen a defender defend so well as he did against Salah but his age is a problem. However we have the entire football world to review. Surely we should have identified a long list of central defensive targets and worked our way down the list.

The post was far from over the top.

I may get hammered for this but WTF, I thought the attitude of our manager yesterday was appalling. I understand he hate's the press side of things but, that was the first time he has spoken this season, he is not only talking to the press, he is talking to the supporters of this club.

He looked pissed off, angry, uninterested and doing everyone a favour with his presence.

Not a good sign in my book!
Have you thought that maybe City have let Pep down? Kompany retired a season early. We haven't replaced him.

Have you thought that maybe City have let Pep down? Kompany retired a season early. We haven't replaced him.
Have we let him down?

We appointed a caretaker manager Pellegrini while we waited for his presence.

We signed KDB at his request.

We got rid of a legend Hart as goalkeeper , spent big on Bravo, a failure, did the club question? No , they went and bought Ederson.

We completely rebuilt our defence after the first season at his request.

We have paid him 13 MILLION pounds a season

He has the finest training facilities in the world to work in.

He asked for a new medical team, he got it.

The club have backed this man to the maximum, now it's time to show some loyalty to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.