It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2018/19 we conceded 23 goals in the league, in 2019/20 it was 35. I know we lost Laporte for most of the season but it's still a problem and it puts too much stress on the rest of the side. Concede first and you lift the opponent, and clear-cut chances for an equaliser are snatched at.
How many did we concede in the games with Laporte?

I know we scored loads last season but we also missed really good chances (mostly Sterling) to score a bucket load more. If the forward players spent more time in training practicing finishing (maybe they do) I'm convinced those 9 losses would have only been maybe 3 or 4. Our conversion percentage is probably quite low compared to other teams so if we can up that a little we'll be hard to stop!

I know we scored loads last season but we also missed really good chances (mostly Sterling) to score a bucket load more. If the forward players spent more time in training practicing finishing (maybe they do) I'm convinced those 9 losses would have only been maybe 3 or 4. Our conversion percentage is probably quite low compared to other teams so if we can up that a little we'll be hard to stop!

If Benzema had finished as well as he normally does, when Laporte fucked up, then we might not have made it through to be humiliated by Lyon.

But, we all know for sure, that Real's defenders were more relevant, in that tie.

Same with ours.

I agree that our main problem is taking our chances. We create a shedload but piss them away. Other teams only create 1 or 2 against us but they take them. That is ultimately what the biggest difference was between us and the scousers last season. They didn’t create anywhere near as many chances as we did but they regularly took them.

Some posters are quick to point to all the goals we scored but stat-padding against the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, etc won’t change the fact that we lost 9 games, most of which we could’ve won if we’d been more clinical.

Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez are the biggest culprits. Sergio is our only clinical finisher and it’s clear that we can’t rely on him to stay fit for a whole season. This is why in my opinion a new striker should’ve been bought this window or should be bought next season at the very least. Sure, we’ve bought Torres and hopefully he will be good but based on his stats there’s no evidence to suggest that he will be clinical and put away the chances Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez regularly piss away game after game.

I agree that our main problem is taking our chances. We create a shedload but piss them away. Other teams only create 1 or 2 against us but they take them. That is ultimately what the biggest difference was between us and the scousers last season. They didn’t create anywhere near as many chances as we did but they regularly took them.

Some posters are quick to point to all the goals we scored but stat-padding against the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, etc won’t change the fact that we lost 9 games, most of which we could’ve won if we’d been more clinical.

Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez are the biggest culprits. Sergio is our only clinical finisher and it’s clear that we can’t rely on him to stay fit for a whole season. This is why in my opinion a new striker should’ve been bought this window or should be bought next season at the very least. Sure, we’ve bought Torres and hopefully he will be good but based on his stats there’s no evidence to suggest that he will be clinical and put away the chances Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez regularly piss away game after game.
I know we do miss a few but that is rather OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.