It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
so then it's not height that's the issue then is it?
That's what my point was!

I agree though that our back 4 seems (although maybe they aren't internally) liable to panic, so really the issue is inside us. Any new player whether Kounde or Kaloouby would be an immediate leader in the squad, that sort of stuff can't actually be bought. Laporte or Stones needs to step up.

Yes they do, but we need more imo.

I don't thnk 'height' in itself is the problem, but aerial supremacy is one of several. If you took VVD out of the scousers team for 6 months, I recon they'd start conceding more from set pieces, & get more & more nervous, make more mistakes in general, lose more games & the title. He is the cure to their ailments.

Then if he retired injured, they'd have to find a replacement & regain that confidence, somehow. They players they have, wouldn't do it without new players coming in. They'd fuck up, like we do.

Stones etc were great the other night, until Mendy started being irrational, people started giving the ball away stupidly, then it all went pear shaped immediately. Ake didn't really get the willys, because he's new.

Yes they do, but we need more imo.

I don't thnk 'height' in itself is the problem, but aerial supremacy is one of several. If you took VVD out of the scousers team for 6 months, I recon they'd start conceding more from set pieces, & get more & more nervous, make more mistakes in general, lose more games & the title. He is the cure to their ailments.

Then if he retired injured, they'd have to find a replacement & regain that confidence, somehow. They players they have, wouldn't do it without new players coming in. They'd fuck up, like we do.

Stones etc were great the other night, until Mendy started being irrational, people started giving the ball away stupidly, then it all went pear shaped immediately. Ake didn't really get the willys, because he's new.

Down to the bullshit booking in the first half. Amount times Traore was getting away with shoves in that first half.

Down to the bullshit booking in the first half. Amount times Traore was getting away with shoves in that first half.

Partially, but he started playing daft passes, as did KDB & one or two others.

It's a mental malaise due to teams scoring so easily against us from so few chances imo. Everyone starts being 'wrong' in general & we almost suck the ball into our net.

It's usually someone like Mendy, who kicks it all off.

A tough, athletic, back 4, will fix it, imo.

It's a mental malaise due to teams scoring so easily against us from so few chances imo. Everyone starts being 'wrong' in general & we almost suck the ball into our net.

He would of been fine if he wasn't booked, Traore would of gotten more frustrated as thew game progressed. If Pep had a major problem with Mendy he would of picked another left back.

I am putting that down to fitness and being tired the other night.

I liked Ake and was impressed with how he seemed willing to go in for headers, Stones even did so a few times. Usually we tend to wait for the header and see where it lands, second ball sort of stuff.

Attachments

• 1600862413691.png
    1600862413691.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 46
Wolves (UK Porto) buying Semedo (BBC), and Barca to up their bid for Garcia according to twitter.

9a021168-a1d8-43a2-a899-c3b963622057.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.