It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Messi hasn't agreed the terms of his new contract already, then the only scenario I can see is that he's stringing it along a little bit more.

As always he just wants to use everyone to get the best possible deal from Barca.

So so quiet, really don't think anything will start to happen until late July after the Euros are done and players are back from their hols. Some current loan players might move on, but as far as incomings are concerned it ain't happening anytime soon

If Messi hasn't agreed the terms of his new contract already, then the only scenario I can see is that he's stringing it along a little bit more.

As always he just wants to use everyone to get the best possible deal from Barca.

I don't see Barcelona doing much to offer him multiple attempts at renewed offers, and he is away focused on Argentina and the qualifiers+cup.

Barca are busy at all levels, focusing on finances, relationships, uefa fallout, managerial position and other transfer targets. Messi's position should be the first thing they would want resolved, given the impact it has on all of the above.

So to me, there seems to be an accepted understanding between the two parties. Of either outcome. Renewal looks the more apparent, and hence more advertised by the onlune speculation merchants. But a departure isn't that insanely unlikely imo.

I don't see Barcelona doing much to offer him multiple attempts at renewed offers, and he is away focused on Argentina and the qualifiers+cup.

Barca are busy at all levels, focusing on finances, relationships, uefa fallout, managerial position and other transfer targets. Messi's position should be the first thing they would want resolved, given the impact it has on all of the above.

So to me, there seems to be an accepted understanding between the two parties. Of either outcome. Renewal looks the more apparent, and hence more advertised by the onlune speculation merchants. But a departure isn't that insanely unlikely imo.
I suspect the problem will be when they try to sign players and offer low wages etc they don’t want Messi deal to get in the way
Agents will be like your just lowballing ti Pay messi New deal
Or they need to sell players before they can even afford messi deal

I suspect the problem will be when they try to sign players and offer low wages etc they don’t want Messi deal to get in the way
Agents will be like your just lowballing ti Pay messi New deal
Or they need to sell players before they can even afford messi deal

Hence the messi deal should really have been well put to bed by now, imo.

All roads may still lead to Barcelona.

If we’re talking to Barcelona could it be concerning Dembele? Not that I’d want him (due to his attitude and fitness) but is he one of our backup options if we can’t get Kane or a swap for Sterling/Jesus? Dembele is going into the final year of his contract so would likely to be available this window for a very reasonable price as Barca given their financial situation can’t risk losing him on a free next year, he’s played in every forward position, numbers aren’t bad (when he’s fit) he’s got pace to burn and is young.

In many ways he’d seem like the perfect signing for us (young, gifted) other than his attitude as he just doesn’t seem to have that drive you need to be the very best, but a swap for Sterling makes a lot of sense assuming Sterling wants out as they have similar attributes as players (young and pacy) though arguably Dembele is a better finisher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.