It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Laporte is a stupid man. He needs to keep the club afloat before he does anything else.

He desperate for good relations with our club, especially after the Super League bail out never came on stream.

Pep will go back there one day, whatever he might say right now.

Laporta getting back Pep back to Barcelona is going to be his mission for his entire presidency IMO. Think Pep is on record as saying that he'll never coach the first team there again, but quite frankly, I can see Pep taking a myriad of other positions in the Barca hierarchy once he's done coaching.

TBH, wouldn't surprise me if one day he wants to go back as president himself, in which case Laporta should be careful that he doesn't empower the guy who is going to dethrone him.

Hence the messi deal should really have been well put to bed by now, imo.
I'm sure his net financial contribution to Barca is very much in the positive so why is there lack of funds for other players there?
Apart from Messi surely there is something that is not adding up in their finances.

I don't see Barcelona doing much to offer him multiple attempts at renewed offers, and he is away focused on Argentina and the qualifiers+cup.

Barca are busy at all levels, focusing on finances, relationships, uefa fallout, managerial position and other transfer targets. Messi's position should be the first thing they would want resolved, given the impact it has on all of the above.

So to me, there seems to be an accepted understanding between the two parties. Of either outcome. Renewal looks the more apparent, and hence more advertised by the onlune speculation merchants. But a departure isn't that insanely unlikely imo.
I'm sorry, I respect your opinion. But how would you see/know what Barca are or aren't doing regarding renewed offers?

To play devil's advocate, I don't see Messi or his camp doing much to suggest he's leaving or isn't happy there.

I think the fact they have almost every player up for sale would suggest the savings will be to keep Messi.

Thanks!

You like potato and I like potahto
You like tomato and I like tomahto
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!
Let's call the whole thing off!

It’s going to be random like this for a while lol Seatbelts on all, this is going to be a long and frustrating window waiting for announcements, but I do think we should be happy at the end.

Last edited:
He announced it himself just before the Italy game kick off for maximum attention. Treating himself like some sort of national treasure FFS. Self indulged shouty prick. You read the news. Off you pop
Treasure should be buried, only to be found by chance.
Anyone got a shovel?

I'm sure his net financial contribution to Barca is very much in the positive so why is there lack of funds for other players there?
Apart from Messi surely there is something that is not adding up in their finances.
They have given out crazy contracts and transfer fees for some time, even for the wealthy, you don't throw away your money.

It used to be an honour to play for the likes of Barca and Real, now both clubs have to pay way over market value for players to get them to sign.

Crazy situation, and so glad as a club we don't do that, and maybe one of the reasons we seem to be cooling on Little Alf.

Play for our club firstly to compete for titles and secondly to be well rewarded.

Canal+ pulling out of French TV deal, some seriously skint clubs over there should be taking advantage imo

I'm sorry, I respect your opinion. But how would you see/know what Barca are or aren't doing regarding renewed offers?

To play devil's advocate, I don't see Messi or his camp doing much to suggest he's leaving or isn't happy there.

I think the fact they have almost every player up for sale would suggest the savings will be to keep Messi.

It is just an opinion, at the end of the day.

I'm basing it on what is coming out of Barcelona and their camp, and that is very little. It seems to me Laporta is happy to portray this loose guarded positivity, without any meaningful commitment to a conclusion. I think if Messi was looking for more we would he hearing it, from his camp yes, but more so from theirs. In both a look what we are doing to ensure we keep him kinda way, and look how great we are who wouldn't want to be here. There also Would be a little bit of poking at each other, despite how good their relationship is, inevitably the tone would sour even if not through their own doing but the media's adding seasoning to it.

I hear you, re Messi's camp not kicking up a fuss, and that could well suggest as you say he is happy with what is on offer perhaps. The fact he hasn't signed then and helped himself And Barcelona, to me, suggests more that they just can't offer him what he wants and there is not much point draghing it through the media to push for it.

As I say, it is just how i read it, personally. It isn't wishful thinking either btw, I am totally ok with him never coming here and of the expectation he is most likely staying at Barcelona. The closer it gets, the less likely that seems to feel though.

I do very much see the other side of the arguement, and the logic btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.