It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO
Of the big 3

Mbappe. No change that they will sell to us because we are owned by a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family.

Kane he`d be 3rd choice of the 3 because we couldn`t re-coupe any of the money back and his injuries especially to his a ankles.

Making my No 1 choice Haaland in spite of his knob jockey of an agent.
What’s this fascination with ‘recouping’ money after we buy someone?
It’s not how city operate and hasn’t been for over a decade. The academy is the main vehicle for bringing money in, not selling players.

What’s this fascination with ‘recouping’ money after we buy someone?
It’s not how city operate and hasn’t been for over a decade. The academy is the main vehicle for bringing money in, not selling players.
Don’t think its about recouping money, it’s more about value Kane gives 5 years maximum, Haaland about 12, and if you don’t get 12 then at least you get to recoup something.

One option I can see is for us to pay (say) 50% of the fee, plus 3 or 4 players to Dortmund in part exchange, and to pay a chunk of their wages for a season or two.

If we don't get Haaland, I hope we go for Felix - if Txiki panics and wants to deliver a marquee signing, he'll throw money at the underperforming Kane and risk another Bony situation.

Does 2 bad games constitute underperforming on the back of a full season winning golden boot and top assist maker?

Exactly, there are probably only two clubs on planet earth that could raise the cash to sign Little Alf.

Us and Chelsea I would say, and even then it would be difficult to do and justify in these difficult times.

Football clubs are in a serious financial crisis, and I would include us in that, even our execs are going to be very careful when spending this next couple of seasons.

Until the stadiums are full ( big if) and the world returns to some sort of normality, football finances will have to become far more realistic than pre covid times.
Chelsea have a knack of selling players for lots of money, like Tomori to Milan for £30m this summer. That's without considering the Luiz to PSG and back again or similar.

Wonder if anyone has ever followed the cash on any of those deals...

FFP has been paused due to Covid, so if ever a club wanted to spend money it couldn't quite afford, now's the time to do it. It's obviously a big risk for any club with unknown incomes for the next year, apart from one where the person who paid the actual bill would just shrug if it didn't work out.

Unfortunately, as a club, I don't see us doing it. I think Chelsea will be all over it, so it depends on whether Haaland wants it. From his perspective (and his various agents') he'd be better staying at Dortmund until next summer when he's going to be at least £70m cheaper. With lots of clubs willing to pay the release fee, there should be one hell of a signing on bonus coming

Exactly, there are probably only two clubs on planet earth that could raise the cash to sign Little Alf.

Us and Chelsea I would say, and even then it would be difficult to do and justify in these difficult times.

Football clubs are in a serious financial crisis, and I would include us in that, even our execs are going to be very careful when spending this next couple of seasons.

Until the stadiums are full ( big if) and the world returns to some sort of normality, football finances will have to become far more realistic than pre covid times.

My point is not about affordability it’s that he is not worth 3 4 players plus subsidies for there wages most of our players cost 40 plus and should excluding the pandemic be worth more than that he is not worth for example Bernardo Cancelo Gundogan plus a subsides of there wages

Chelsea have a knack of selling players for lots of money, like Tomori to Milan for £30m this summer. That's without considering the Luiz to PSG and back again or similar.

Wonder if anyone has ever followed the cash on any of those deals...

FFP has been paused due to Covid, so if ever a club wanted to spend money it couldn't quite afford, now's the time to do it. It's obviously a big risk for any club with unknown incomes for the next year, apart from one where the person who paid the actual bill would just shrug if it didn't work out.

Unfortunately, as a club, I don't see us doing it. I think Chelsea will be all over it, so it depends on whether Haaland wants it. From his perspective (and his various agents') he'd be better staying at Dortmund until next summer when he's going to be at least £70m cheaper. With lots of clubs willing to pay the release fee, there should be one hell of a signing on bonus coming
A move to Chelsea would be a great move for him and a big upgrade on Dortmund.

Don’t think its about recouping money, it’s more about value Kane gives 5 years maximum, Haaland about 12, and if you don’t get 12 then at least you get to recoup something.
watching kane the other night i would think in 5 years time he will hardly be able to walk, the kane transfer is doing nothing for me, very underwhelmed with him for the money being touted ,now if he comes and scores plenty maybe my feelings will change towards him, hes just not my cup of tea as a player, and don't want to sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.