It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re waiting for Messi to tell us if he is joining. Nothing will happen until then. That’s my guess

More likely that it's just too difficult to get deals done while the big international tournaments are happening. Although the player 95% of us want is chilling on holiday.

If anyone at the club is seriously waiting for Messi to explicitly state the obvious and tell us he's staying at Barca then that's pretty tragic on our part.

More likely that it's just too difficult to get deals done while the big international tournaments are happening. Although the player 95% of us want is chilling on holiday.

If anyone at the club is seriously waiting for Messi to explicitly state the obvious and tell us he's staying at Barca then that's pretty tragic on our part.
I think he will leave Barca for what it’s worth. I also think he won’t be in Spain when the news breaks

I think he will leave Barca for what it’s worth. I also think he won’t be in Spain when the news breaks

Less than 10 days now. As it stands if nothing changes, on his last day as a Barcelona player he will be playing against Bolivia in the final group stage game of the tournament. And playing the knockout round as a free agent, if he presumably doesn't sign for someone by that point.

Part of me can see an announcement by then, I think the pressure on that international game and the focus on him and his situation will take some real nerve on his part otherwise. If it Is a goodbye I can see it coming from Barcelona as a short holding announcement with a proper goodbye to follow after the tournament.

Perhaps in an upcoming one off friendly, cough!

I'm of the opinion if Haaland is unavailable and the choice is Kane or Lukaku we'd be better off buying Lukaku. Not sure if that's where it may end up but feel if that's the case I'd buy Romelu as he's a bit cheaper and has a great connection/link up with Kev.
I would agree but like Kane, Lukaku at times looks a word beater then 5 minutes later looks like he has never seen a football in his life.

We’re waiting for Messi to tell us if he is joining. Nothing will happen until then. That’s my guess
If that was the case, (and I am 99.9% certain were not) , it's sad.

We have to replace Kun, first and foremost, and we have to get this one right, whoever we sign will take a huge investment.

One option I can see is for us to pay (say) 50% of the fee, plus 3 or 4 players to Dortmund in part exchange, and to pay a chunk of their wages for a season or two.

If we don't get Haaland, I hope we go for Felix - if Txiki panics and wants to deliver a marquee signing, he'll throw money at the underperforming Kane and risk another Bony situation.

3 or 4 players plus cash plus wages are you mad do you think we are insane

If that was the case, (and I am 99.9% certain were not) , it's sad.

We have to replace Kun, first and foremost, and we have to get this one right, whoever we sign will take a huge investment.

IMO
Of the big 3

Mbappe. No chance that they will sell to us because we are owned by a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family.

Kane he`d be 3rd choice of the 3 because we couldn`t re-coupe any of the money back and his injuries especially to his a ankles.

Making my No 1 choice Haaland in spite of his knob jockey of an agent.

Last edited:
3 or 4 players plus cash plus wages are you mad do you think we are insane
Exactly, there are probably only two clubs on planet earth that could raise the cash to sign Little Alf.

Us and Chelsea I would say, and even then it would be difficult to do and justify in these difficult times.

Football clubs are in a serious financial crisis, and I would include us in that, even our execs are going to be very careful when spending this next couple of seasons.

Until the stadiums are full ( big if) and the world returns to some sort of normality, football finances will have to become far more realistic than pre covid times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.