It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a release, I have heard it's more likely to be gentleman's agreement, sadly.

The rumour has been doing the rounds for a few months about possibly £70-80m release clause, which is certainly the price United were being quoted last summer.

The figure could well be higher now because it is us, but Grealish and his people seem pretty confident that when they signed a renewal last year, there was some sort of understanding in place if a Champions League club came forward again.
I find it hard to believe that with the way agents treat new deals and potential suitors for players, they would ever rely on a gentlemans agreement. They are doing deals worth tens of millions for their client, i just find it hard to believe anything gets left to chance about the future.

like the apparent Kane gentlemans agreement?

Funny that, the players we are linked with generally rumoured to have gentleman's agreements to let them go for less money. Think we can hardly expect any of them to follow up on that of true, as there are very few gentlemen out there.

Our lot are up there though, I remember an interview with Dzeko in which he claimed that when he spoke to them about wishing to join Roma, they enabled it accepting less money than they could have asked for and he felt ao grateful and valued for that. Khaldoon then said similar, for players they value they won't stand in their way out of respect for what they have done. There have been a few more of ours that made similar remarks.

Don't think Villa or Spurs would really bother though.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that with the way agents treat new deals and potential suitors for players, they would ever rely on a gentlemans agreement. They are doing deals worth tens of millions for their client, i just find it hard to believe anything gets left to chance about the future.

For me what's more bizarre is that players continue to sign massive wage deals without release clauses. Surely if you're a guy with ambition to go to the top you'd knock £10k a week off your wages and have a clause in that means you could get the move?

For me what's more bizarre is that players continue to sign massive wage deals without release clauses. Surely if you're a guy with ambition to go to the top you'd knock £10k a week off your wages and have a clause in that means you could get the move?
Its just bizarre. You have two players in Kane and Grealish who could be moving this summer for close to a quarter of a billion combined. Both signed a new contract last summer and both are supposedly relying on gentlemans agreements to make those moves happen. Just bonkers they signed contracts without that written into them.

Exactly. They both signed contracts a year ago and are now relying on worthless gentlemans agreements. Just stupid from them both if true.
I would add greed, I would imagine if it was placed in the contract it would cost the player money, in terms of a wage/loyalty bonus reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.