It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me what's more bizarre is that players continue to sign massive wage deals without release clauses. Surely if you're a guy with ambition to go to the top you'd knock £10k a week off your wages and have a clause in that means you could get the move?

Someone has claimed previously on here that release clauses are not binding in england, maybe that's why most don't bother. Not sure how true, but it certainly happened with Suarez, when Arsenal triggered his release clause by £1 more, and liverpool refused it anyway, and sold him to Barcelona next year for twice the release clause.

Got to say I’m struggling with us signing two players for both 100m+, I know it’s for the best and I really want to see us win the champions league but it just doesn’t seem right.

Are these sources reliable? Not really wanting to believe Daily Mail and Talkshite at the very least

Got to say I’m struggling with us signing two players for both 100m+, I know it’s for the best and I really want to see us win the champions league but it just doesn’t seem right.

I get that. Remember when PSG signed two players for 400m though?

Wouldn't have any issue with it, if they are the right players.

I doubt Graelish woukd end up costing anywhere near 100m if we do sign him. And someone would have to leave, and money would come in.

Kane I doubt would be anything less than 120m. That one I struggle with a bit more, but that's the club's thing to worry about.

Gentlemen's agreements and hard cash don't mix well.

Unless it's written in ink on his contract, it's worthless.

Not sure this is always the case, standard notice period for me over the last 15 years has been 12 months but when it comes down to it you can always talk sensibly. When I moved roles last time we agreed on a three month ramp down period - assume the same happens with reasonable football clubs where although the contract says one thing flexibility could be there.

Takes both parties to play though and if a club hold a player ransom it could impact on recruitment and contract negotiations with other players in the future - I would assume if a gentleman’s agreement is not held up other players would not trust the club in the future.

City deal with players very fairly, and I think that’s why we don’t get top of the market returns on some, we are making it easy for players to deal with us - but we hold a sell on clause and other bonus factors so everyone gets what they want - think we are looking at the situation differently to most clubs in this way and players appreciate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.