It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely,Pep has prioritised technique,possession and control ahead of pace,hence why we make a thousand passes a game and the opposition often resort to 'parking the bus'.Its also a reason one or two of our less technical players aren't as comfortable anymore.
I think it is quite interesting. I often think back to Arsene Wenger who also had an idealist approach to football with technique being at the forefront. When he came to Arsenal he had players already there, the back 4, and with a mix of the technical players it worked very well but ultimately the longer he stayed the more obsessed he became with small technical players, ultimately to the detriment of the team.

I see Pep as a much superior manager/coach to Wenger but they both share a similar ideology and the longer Pep stays the less explosive and more technical players we are seemingly ending up with. It’s great to watch but will we lack some of the physical aspects you need to balance a team out. Being able to call upon a Sane, Sterling, Aguero was superb in and amongst all the primarily technically gifted player but could we end up with a load of player playing in front of the opposition defence and not enough penetrating it.

it isn’t the worst problem to have in the world to be fair.

Is he briefed, is anyone briefed. Why would anyone brief this story anyway.The story makes no sense, so is dismissed as nonsense.
ask tolmie, doesn't he always say what journalists are briefed by the club? blackburn and mullock are among them

I'm confused

First we didn't offer Sterling because financially that makes no sense unless our "bid" alongside it was, like, £10m

Now he's pissed off because we did in fact offer him as exchange?

ask tolmie, doesn't he always say what journalists are briefed by the club? blackburn and mullock are among them
Maybe if the club want something out there yes, that is quite rare,and they are hardly going to brief Sterling is annoyed because they have been trying to use him as a make weight without asking him are they?
In general we don’t brief we don’t leak. We also aren’t stupid so won’t offer players without their consent.If a story sound stupid it’s probably bollocks is a simple and good rule of thumb.

Really hope utd don't get camavinga, add him to sancho and whoever replaces the PE teacher has a very young and decent squad. Camavinga is my dream ferna replacement, genuinely will be gutted. Hopefully they just keep OGS, all his players look better for their countries than under his tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.