It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it will go that far as there are always institutions to turn to with the football gravy train.

What will will do however is impede their ability to compete as they service debt over longer periods.

They were already struggling and looking to refinance before COVID, the super league was the way out of the red for a number of large European names. That didn’t happen with a GS backing so the money will go in through a different and risk weighted financing.

GS, plus three others are rubbing their hands together currently over this lot and are going to turn a tidy margin they don’t usually see on the deal, at the expense of Barca being able to blow everyone away in the transfer market, it brings them down two or three pegs and makes them less attractive to players (ie not a full team of super stars just one, maybe two).

Real, Juve, Spurs to a lesser degree (tv rights value) will also really struggle for the same reasons.

Of all the leveraged clubs the English clubs (particularly Spurs) are in a better position to cope with it long term due to TV right value, Spurs also due to increased income from American football deals when it all kicks off plus other events.

Strangely we will go from a position of power, to an even stronger position of power as the owners plans all come together both globally but also locally with new infrastructure around the stadium, silver lake plans are impressive to say the least, and our Far East plans I’m sure will be very impressive in a couple of years.

Yes they will not be on the same level, it no - no will not be bankrupt.
A property developer once told me.
If you owe the banks £60k it's your problem
If you the banks £60m it's their problem

I don’t think it will go that far as there are always institutions to turn to with the football gravy train.

What will will do however is impede their ability to compete as they service debt over longer periods.

They were already struggling and looking to refinance before COVID, the super league was the way out of the red for a number of large European names. That didn’t happen with a GS backing so the money will go in through a different and risk weighted financing.

GS, plus three others are rubbing their hands together currently over this lot and are going to turn a tidy margin they don’t usually see on the deal, at the expense of Barca being able to blow everyone away in the transfer market, it brings them down two or three pegs and makes them less attractive to players (ie not a full team of super stars just one, maybe two).

Real, Juve, Spurs to a lesser degree (tv rights value) will also really struggle for the same reasons.

Of all the leveraged clubs the English clubs (particularly Spurs) are in a better position to cope with it long term due to TV right value, Spurs also due to increased income from American football deals when it all kicks off plus other events.

Strangely we will go from a position of power, to an even stronger position of power as the owners plans all come together both globally but also locally with new infrastructure around the stadium, silver lake plans are impressive to say the least, and our Far East plans I’m sure will be very impressive in a couple of years.

Yes they will not be on the same level, but, it will not be bankruptcy for them.

They are going to have to keep Messi surely, he’s a name that can attract players to them. If they lose him they lose a hell of a lot of pulling power.

They still facing bankruptcy in your opinion?
It would be almost impossible for Barca to face bankruptcy. Global interest rates are zero or negative, they'll be able to kick the can down the road practically forever. They won't be able to spend what they'd like but as a going concern they'll be fine.

They are going to have to keep Messi surely, he’s a name that can attract players to them. If they lose him they lose a hell of a lot of pulling power.

A truly fine balance between what he brings in financially and status and what he costs, in my opinion he’s either got to go to save the club or take a deal that’s structured over a couple of okaying years at a much reduced rate AND a ten year package as part of the club in another role, in any other business it would be a straight equity deal but not sure they can do this due to their structure - it’s an interesting dilemma that we as city are stood on the outside of with interest and a different route if he wants it - not sure how this falls though as it’s a deduction only he can make.

Could he come to city ? Yes, could he stay ? Yes has he decided ? I don’t think so yet. We won’t know until after the tournament he is currently focused on IMHO.

I know what you mean, him not even being there has brought in some belting freebies.
They'll be queuing round the block if he extends, which our in house experts have predicted he will or already has.

It would be almost impossible for Barca to face bankruptcy. Global interest rates are zero or negative, they'll be able to kick the can down the road practically forever. They won't be able to spend what they'd like but as a going concern they'll be fine.

Almost, but think of them now being in the sub-prime market - the rates they can borrow at will still reflect the risk weighting and bleed them as much as possible without destroying them or the brand totally.

Messi is ruled by what his missus decides, and she's already made it quite clear she doesn't want to move from Barca. I'd be amazed if we were still in for him, just not going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.