It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season:-

Aguero, 6 goals, 1 assist
Kane, 33 goals, 17 assists

Silva, 5 goals, 9 assists
Grealish, 7 goals, 12 assists

Much as I love Aguero & Silva both, that looks like an upgrade.

Yes, Agureo didn't play much but that's another negative surely? Kane played the equivalent of around 36 games more.

Grealish played less than Silva BTW, around 11 games less but with better stats in a (much) poorer team.

Bernado wants to go by all accounts and time does not stand still, not even for Sergio Aguero.
Kane is an upgrade on Aguero if Aguero isn't playing. Prior to last season I'd have taken Aguero over Kane, but only just - so it's probably taking us back to a similar place that we were in for most of the time Pep has been manager.

Not sure about the other comparison though - Bernardo clearly doesn't play in the same role as Grealish. Jack is in a more attacking position, and is the "give it to Gordon" player on his team.

Kane is an upgrade on Aguero if Aguero isn't playing. Prior to last season I'd have taken Aguero over Kane, but only just - so it's probably taking us back to a similar place that we were in for most of the time Pep has been manager.

Not sure about the other comparison though - Bernardo clearly doesn't play in the same role as Grealish. Jack is in a more attacking position, and is the "give it to Gordon" player on his team.

I would still take Aguero over Kane one more season, even with the injuries he has recovered from.

That is before the benefit of then replacing him properly the following year, rather than a couple years of Kane at over 120m, then replacing him as well.

But immaterial, as Aguero is now gone. Not too late to not pay over the odds for Kane though (If indeed the club are in any way prepared to do so, which I doubt).

He does shrug, but I think that might be when he's talking to the VAR ref. If you watch on, he taps his hip about a dozen times to indicate to the players what he saw.
No, I think that is what he saw, but I think the shrug was because the VAR hadn't shown anything different because it kept showing the one inconclusive angle.Maybe VAR had other angles but were having a problem showing them hence the shrug.

Re. Kane & Aguero, of course we'd all take 2012 (for instance) Aguero over Kane but putting us back to a similar level isn't a bad thing. And if it is Kane we get then I can only see it as an eye on the future to bring through Delap.

I'm not sure Grealish is played in a more attacking position than Bernardo though. Comparing players who play for us and Villa is never going to be a perfect comparison regardless.

Re. Kane & Aguero, of course we'd all take 2012 (for instance) Aguero over Kane but putting us back to a similar level isn't a bad thing. And if it is Kane we get then I can only see it as an eye on the future to bring through Delap.

I'm not sure Grealish is played in a more attacking position than Bernardo though. Comparing players who play for us and Villa is never going to be a perfect comparison regardless.
Thats the thing we are all saying we'd prefer Haaland to Kane, but it's possible the club believe Delap can progress and Kane would fit better with that in mind. That's a factor that only those at the club would know.

No, I think that is what he saw, but I think the shrug was because the VAR hadn't shown anything different because it kept showing the one inconclusive angle.Maybe VAR had other angles but were having a problem showing them hence the shrug.
I think we're agreeing about what he saw. He shrugs and shakes his head while he's still watching VAR, so it's not for the players benefit, but I agree he's saying he can't see a handball.

He's not unsure about the hip though, as he gestures over and over again to the City players surrounding him that it hit the hip - he's not saying half-heartedly "I can see it hit his hip, but not sure about the hand", he's really confidently telling them it was the hip - he taps his hips eleven times on the highlights video.

Agree on the first point.

I do think Grealish plays further forward though. If you check out his positions on whoscored, he's mostly attacking midfield, with just a single forward ahead of him, whereas Bernardo is usually on our second line with 3 forwards ahead of him. The heatmaps for either player show Grealish further forward to.

Apart from Villa's main striker, Grealish isn't obviously further down the offensive pecking order, whereas Bernardo would often be playing behind any three of Sterling, Foden, Aguero, Jesus, Torres or Mahrez. With that kind of attacking talent between him and the goal, there's not so much pressure to deliver goals and assists.

He does shrug, but I think that might be when he's talking to the VAR ref. If you watch on, he taps his hip about a dozen times to indicate to the players what he saw.
yeah, he shrugs because he's only got the one angle which doesn't show it clearly, so it was manipulated so he was left unconvinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.