It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get this - if we lose Aguero and Bernado and replace them with Kane and Grealish, I think it's a step down in quality.

I get the shiny and new and English thing, and that Aguero didn't play much last season, but I don't buy in to this idea that we're getting massive upgrades to our squad.

If anything, the starting 11 is going to look weaker on paper next season that it has since Pep's first season.
Last season:-

Aguero, 6 goals, 1 assist
Kane, 33 goals, 17 assists

Silva, 5 goals, 9 assists
Grealish, 7 goals, 12 assists

Much as I love Aguero & Silva both, that looks like an upgrade.

Yes, Agureo didn't play much but that's another negative surely? Kane played the equivalent of around 36 games more.

Grealish played less than Silva BTW, around 11 games less but with better stats in a (much) poorer team.

Bernado wants to go by all accounts and time does not stand still, not even for Sergio Aguero.

Shit you're right, it was the Liverpool game the year before when we would have won with VAR, and the year after with Tottenham we would have won with no VAR.

And wasn't there some weird quirk in the law with Lloris' handball goal?

Yeah the ball clearly struck Llorente on the arm before he scored, and VAR/the referee did look at it for ages but decided it wasn't clearly deliberate (as was the rule at the time).

Then we got fucked for an offside for Sterling's winner in the last minute.

The worst of both worlds

Shit you're right, it was the Liverpool game the year before when we would have won with VAR, and the year after with Tottenham we would have won with no VAR.

And wasn't there some weird quirk in the law with Lloris' handball goal?

Ref was looking at the Lloris goal on the pitch side monitor and they didn’t show him the angle where the handball was visible.

Last season:-

Aguero, 6 goals, 1 assist
Kane, 33 goals, 17 assists

Silva, 5 goals, 9 assists
Grealish, 7 goals, 12 assists

Much as I love Aguero & Silva both, that looks like an upgrade.

Yes, Agureo didn't play much but that's another negative surely? Kane played the equivalent of around 36 games more.

Grealish played less than Silva BTW, around 11 games less but with better stats in a (much) poorer team.

Bernado wants to go by all accounts and time does not stand still, not even for Sergio Aguero.
If only football was Top Trumps, we'd be on to a winner!

We're much more of a team of players, almost everything a spurs and everything at Villa went though those two players....if with us the figures would be less even in a better team.

Yeah the ball clearly struck Llorente on the arm before he scored, and VAR/the referee did look at it for ages but decided it wasn't clearly deliberate (as was the rule at the time).

The worst of both worlds
The ref decided it didn't. If you watch it back, he walks away and clearly says it came off his hip, rather than his hand.

The worst of both worlds

BT Sports also chose to only give UEFA one angle of coverage when they had 3 - one of which was conclusive.

From what I remember he walked away shrugging as if what he'd seen was no help at all.
He does shrug, but I think that might be when he's talking to the VAR ref. If you watch on, he taps his hip about a dozen times to indicate to the players what he saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.