It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's worse than Lindelof
He's miles better and with Maguire could form a decent partnership, regardless it's still not a mind blowing move. Sancho is a great signing, this one is only good on paper because realistically Varane's form has taken an immense hit, we saw that in Euros as well, Ramos carried him for years at Madrid, now that he's not there he knows playing with Militao and Alaba won't be much help, he's moving away coming off 2 disappointing seasons. I don't think it's a smart move on United's part especially when Koundé and Pau Torres were available. Long may their PR signings continue, might hold over the protests for another year or two

I'm not necessarily saying they're poor signings.

But my initial post was challenging the idea that we'd somehow be unstoppable with these two signings. I don't see it.

They're decent players, but they're no better than what we've had over the last few years.

If we were signing Mbappe and Messi, I'd get the hype. But Kane and Grealish won't be better than peak Aguero and Silva, in fact they'll be nowhere near as good.
But the overall squad would be incredible

well they beat us consistently again last season and if they dont lose the silly games then with Sancho and Varane they will definately be a contender for the title imo.

So, one of those will change, but they other can't also?

maybe they still beat us and win the games they lost against lower league teams? Trust me mate i hope they lose every game and get relegated but them two players without question improve them twats. Hopefully they bask in their glory until we grab Kane and Grealish then reality kicks back in! ;-)

We pretty much did ;-)

Think my biggest disappointment as a City fan post 2008 was losing that CL tie to Tottenham.

We were the best team in Europe that season, no question about it. Had VAR been in play, we'd have gone through and likely ended up with the quadruple. Fine margins and all that.

Weren’t we eliminated because of VAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.