It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garcia mate, Laporte will come round eventually, he’s just not used to being on the bench.
Laporte to Barca rumors exist:

I simply thought that such a deal went through having misheard in-game Euro commentary.

I don't really get this - if we lose Aguero and Bernado and replace them with Kane and Grealish, I think it's a step down in quality.

I get the shiny and new and English thing, and that Aguero didn't play much last season, but I don't buy in to this idea that we're getting massive upgrades to our squad.

If anything, the starting 11 is going to look weaker on paper next season that it has since Pep's first season.

I love Bernardo but he's hardly set the world alight recently and his issue with the climate etc .. has potentially hampered his development so I'm sticking my neck out to predict Grealish would have more impact next season on an upward trajectory.. and I just didn't see Sergio staying fit enough to make a long lasting contribution

You don't buy footballers at our level and worry about resale value. You buy them because they're good enough to play for us.

With the academy players we're selling/sell on clauses etc we can easily make £50m a season nearly every season now. So you can write off a loss if you need to. Kane might get injured and not deliver. Haaland might join and get a career ending injury. You don't know what will happen there. Kane does have a history of problems but has still come back and scored a lot of goals each time.
I‘m not basing my opinion on unpredictability of injury coz its a contact sports after all but more along the lines , what if his playing style doesn’t fit as we hoped for ? what if he does Ibra the long nose ?
There are some many variables even at this level where the club is atm .
Theres a book we need to balance at the same time .

Neither would have made it with us so can’t really blame them, we would only have been extending to loan out and then sell. I suspect Bernabe will return to Spain, Barca B have been rumoured among others including David’s Real Sociedad. Felix has been linked with several Championship sides and Celtic but he may well try to piggyback the buzz around his brother’s Germany U21 success and look to the Bundesliga

I don't really get this - if we lose Aguero and Bernado and replace them with Kane and Grealish, I think it's a step down in quality.

I get the shiny and new and English thing, and that Aguero didn't play much last season, but I don't buy in to this idea that we're getting massive upgrades to our squad.

If anything, the starting 11 is going to look weaker on paper next season that it has since Pep's first season.
IMO
Grealish > Silva
Aguero > Kane - except that Aguero is in the twilight of his career and as of late, is frequently unable to start due to injury.

Anyhow, I rather doubt that we'll sign Kane, because Levy is - predictably - being entirely unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.