It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero was hurt all last season and neither of the other two have left yet/maybe won't.
All three likely gone - and I mentioned Aguero's injury.

My claim RE Aguero - is that he has a year or two of performance good enough to start - when fit - for our side - or any top side. He's not done yet at the top level.

All three likely gone - and I mentioned Aguero's injury.

My claim RE Aguero - is that he has a year or two of performance good enough to start - when fit - for our side - or any top side. He's not done yet at the top level.
How do you know have you seen his medical reports and prognosis ?

This is, for me, a strange ole transfer window.

City have been very good at retaining talent - rarely has a valued player left our club.

In this window though we're losing:
Aguero - understandable due to age - but still... Aguero has got a year or two of top form left you'd think if he can avoid injury.

Laporte - extremely good CB. Wished that we could have kept him. Understandably dissatisfied with playing time.

B. Silva - unhappy with personal life in Manchester. Not much can be done I suppose.
===
In this window we're losing 3 top players - maybe they wouldn't be first choice starters - yes - but they'd certainly contend to start.
===
At any rate - this is a strange window - for me - in that we're losing so many high profile players. I can't recall any recent window where such an abundance of talent was outgoing... did we lose Nasri and Tevez in the same window?
Laporte’s not going anywhere yet

Can’t see it.
Watch any of Sergio's recent goals for City - he's clearly fit and is scoring where others - e.g., Jesus, would not have.

Yes, we could not agree on a contract extension - but Sergio isn't a cripple past his days - he's got a year or two left - as anyone can see by watching his recent goals for us.

Watch any of Sergio's recent goals for City - he's clearly fit and is scoring where others - e.g., Jesus, would not have.

Yes, we could not agree on a contract extension - but Sergio isn't a cripple past his days - he's got a year or two left - as anyone can see by watching his recent goals for us.

Which has to tell you we were extremely confident about a replacement to let him go

Which has to tell you we were extremely confident about a replacement to let him go
Obviously we're not confident of a replacement.

Trouble is, Aguero is long in the tooth - the simple explanation is that Aguero wanted more than we were willing to offer.

Replacement top choice striker - I've no clue whatsoever whom that might be - Haaland may not want to transfer, Kane is extremely iffy due to Levy... beyond that... do we have someone in mind to replace Aguero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.