It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
amazing how people look back so fondly at some players and so badly at other players

not fussed about Laporte, not the same player than he was pre-injury and seems to lack bottle or fight when faced with a challenge

Losing Bernardo from a couple of seasons ago (pre Mendy incident) hurts as he was outstanding but he has simply not been the same player since, nowhere near as effective for whatever reason (maybe the Manchester weather has him so down as the rumours suggest)

Jesus is an enigma, sometimes he looks brilliant (Madrid in CL) and sometimes you didn't ever know he was on the pitch. Can't usually fault his effort level but just has no impact on some games, I don't think we use him to the best but he doesn't always show enough to be given more chances

To say that the window would be bad if these 3 leave and Kane and Grealish coming in is laughable, two top quality players who give us options - all those crosses when we are chasing games with our 5' 7" strikers in the box, if we get Kane we get an attacker who can actually head the ball

I've never been the biggest Grealish fan, think he falls over too much but he has some serious skills and would help unlock the packed 10 behind the ball we face so often
Sorry mate. You can’t post stuff like this. Read back through the comments and you’ll get an idea of what you need to post. As an example, on Jack Grealish there are only binary positions available.

Grealish is the worst human being on the planet, stealing a living as a footballer. Falls over too much but worst of all has a distinctive haircut resulting in blind fanboys following him around.

Grealish is the new messiah. He is a future Balon D’or winner who you have a man crush on.

This is social media. Any middle ground post will be forced into a polarised opinion. There’s no room for balance on here pal.

Not sure why people obsess about transfer fees.
In audio there is the law of diminishing returns. Beyond a certain point you have to spend 10x more to get a 2x improvement. A cable may cost similar to the amp or speakers but with a cheaper one the system doesn't fulfill its potential.
If Grealish is that missing link then price is not relevant.
The argument should therefore be about the skill set and match up. Not the price. He is either right for us (or could be)or not...

It'd be like kicking off in Tescos because the guy in front of you at the checkout has spent £200 on his weekly shop.

The English media and general fan.

The stats even, the most fouled player, what the hell does it mean?

Great players don't spend half a game on their arses , the best players avoid challenges, through skill and agility.
Come on, it's just like Neymar, they just can't take the ball away from him properly.

I should have expanded really but was on the way out, so apologies.

It was more about the “Great players don't spend half a game on their arses, the best players avoid challenges, through skill and agility.” comment that I don’t agree with, in fact I’d go as far as to say it’s complete bollocks. That was where my reference about having played the game came into play, as you would know it’s practically impossible to constantly ride challenges, Messi is without a doubt the best there is at it, but he’s not a great player, he’s the GOAT, and shouldn’t have comparisons drawn against him, he is though regularly clobbered too.
Totally agree but would you also agree that Messi does not go to ground for no reason?

One of the greatest players this club has ever seen, David Silva, rode challenges and indeed took a hit in the quest of making the right pass at the right time.

Too often I have seen Grealish go down when he was looking for a cheap foul, I don't like that in his game, and hopefully Pep will get it out of him and quickly.

If Grealish is that missing link then price is not relevant.

I just don't see how he is. On the wings we already have Foden, Sterling, Torres and Mahrez. Then there's De Bruyne, Bernardo and Gundogan creating centrally. If they're not enough, to me it seems like a system problem rather than a personnel problem. If they're not enough I don't see why Grealish would change much.

On paper we already have more than enough creativity, and what we're really lacking that other top teams have is a deadly goalscorer. By my count there are currently nearly 20 clubs with a better primary goalscorer than we have, and that needs to change. The striker is the missing link.

Totally agree but would you also agree that Messi does not go to ground for no reason?

One of the greatest players this club has ever seen, David Silva, rode challenges and indeed took a hit in the quest of making the right pass at the right time.

Too often I have seen Grealish go down when he was looking for a cheap foul, I don't like that in his game, and hopefully Pep will get it out of him and quickly.
Fair comment, and as I’ve seen in your other posts I understand everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just really rate Grealish and think/hope that people like yourself will be pleasantly surprised, and hopefully Pep will get him to stay on his feet a bit more.

I just don't see how he is. On the wings we already have Foden, Sterling, Torres and Mahrez. Then there's De Bruyne, Bernardo and Gundogan creating centrally. If they're not enough, to me it seems like a system problem rather than a personnel problem. If they're not enough I don't see why Grealish would change much.

On paper we already have more than enough creativity, and what we're really lacking that other top teams have is a deadly goalscorer. By my count there are currently nearly 20 clubs with a better primary goalscorer than we have, and that needs to change. The striker is the missing link.
But if rumours are correct, Bernardo is leaving and Grealish is his replacement. Don't think anyone is suggesting Grealish without somebody going.

It'd be like kicking off in Tescos because the guy in front of you at the checkout has spent £200 on his weekly shop.
What a load of crap.

WE pay the fee, if you go to the game, pay to watch it on TV, buy the latest Puma crap or buy anything MCFC, even fill up your car with GAS, we contribute.

As fans of this club we don't want to see this club pay over the market value for players because of who we are and at the same time sell valuable assets at less than the market price again because of who we are and we can afford to lose the cash.

Barca, Real and the Rags have shown recently how spending irresponsibly can result in losing your place at the top of the food chain.

If we were to spend 200m on two players this summer and they did not produce, and next summer we would have to buy again to replace them, it would have a serious knock on effect, FFP is still relevant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.